Thread: Bakersfield Craigslist

Default Bakersfield Craigslist

Hey does anyone know of another website to post personal ads besides this craigslist anyone can recommend, it seems like the Bakersfield craigslist sucks, while the other cities are better then the one here in Kern County, some ass hole keeps flagging every ad, and removing them off the site, while other cities are doing fine Any Recommendations? Thanks.

Default Are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by eep5000 View Post
    ...the Bakersfield craigslist sucks... some asshole keeps flagging every ad, and removing them off the site....
    It takes several people to flag an ad before it's removed from Craigslist. Are you sure it's not something wrong with the content of those ads that get them removed? Even something as simple as being posted in the wrong forum will get a post flagged by multiple people.
    S. ''Boots'' McGraw
    FootBuddies message boards moderator
    bubbafeet.com webmaster
    http://www.bubbafeet.com
    http://www.clips4sale.com/store/17366
    BootsMcGraw a.t zoho d.o.t c.o.m (Bite my ass, address harvesters!)

Question

nope, I'm very careful on what I'm asking. I placed the same ad in the San Fernando Valley, and its still there to this day, if you look at the Bakersfield Craigslist, you'll only see maybe 1 or 2 at the most, so I've given up hope for this side of CL, its becoming hopeless on this side, but I keep trying and still it gets flagged and removed. I've even reported this incident many times to abuse@craigslist.com, and nothing seems to happen, it just keeps getting smaller, and smaller to the point that everyone is no longer listed, that's what confuses me, so I'm looking elsewhere to put my ad, hopefully it will work, I hope others protest against this stupidity from CL.

Default sometimes

you just need to repost the craigslist ad

the assholes aren't consistent

With all the sudden chain of events with CL pertaining to crimes, it can be a winning/losing battle. I have done it in the past, sometimes I luck out, sometimes not. It's a shame they want to flag something that's quite a tame thing to get into.

What gets me is they try to add a lot of things to not get your post posted at all. I've been told that I have posted the same thing twice and that my ad is deleted.

All in all, best of luck to you.

6. Default

I used to work for a living posting ads on Craigslist (for a company, not prostitution, don't worry) and all I can say is that people on that site are assholes. You can flag anyone without a reason and there's nobody to really complain to about it.

Just suck it up and post again. Somebody is just bored and flagging anything they don't agree with. It happens, but they can't be there flagging 24/7.