Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guys, let's make a difference

1. Default Guys, let's make a difference

http://www.impeachbush.org

Let's get 1,000,000 names!

If this administration has it's way, you'll not see great sites like this on the web anymore! So tell your congressmen to start impeachment proceedings against this administration! We need to be free again!

2. Default

I signed on a while ago. Thanks for putting the word out. Guys, let's take action now, before we run the risk of losing sites like this one!

Peace ; - )

spare us the self-loathing leftist crap....this is a fetish website...let's stick to our wierd preoccupation with feet, huh?
    who knows? maybe soon enough the Islamist ass kissing crackpots can finally takeover (see Europe) and we'll be all swinging from trees. It'll feed in nicely to your self-loathing. Don't forget....WWMD...no nothing about Weapons of Mass Destruction.....more like "What Would Mohammed DO?"

Default C'mon, guys. Read what Webby said...

I'll tell you what's raised the Webmaster's ire (and it should be raising your ire as well, guys!) If Dubya and his Busheviks keep whittling down on our personal liberties, he'll have some pseudo-moralistic zombie from the extremist Religious Right persecuting anyone and everyone who doesn't endorse both Bush and the Jerry Falwell Rapturist ideologues and their over-zealous apocalyptic bullcrap. In other words, guys like you and Webby and me will be labeled as anti-Christ subversives, perverts, and "terrorists" and find ourselves unconstitutionally persecurted. Web sties like this one will be SHUT DOWN. Would the Rapturist-Busheviks shutting sites like this down entirely and making them illegal finally get your attention? Would some of you guys be croaking "I wanna see more pictures of macho feet!" as the thought police are dragging your asses to the paddy wagon? The good Webmaster asks you to support him in impeachng Bush so that our liberty to support boards such as this one and the freedom to live and be what we are won't be taken away from us. In my own view, the Webby should be congratulated for taking a stand as he has--not scorchingly attacked and sneered at. C'mon guys, wake up!

JasonT you are a sharp, alert observer. A President has no Constitutional authority to end sites like this. Only the Congress can make laws to that end. What we all need to be concerned about is the low-lifes sneaking into this country at unguarded borders and smuggling deadly items not to mention their filthy selves. It's the likes of Saddam Hussein, Osama bin Laden and other filth that would take away our freedom and pleasure to surf the internet. The state legislatures are more likely to pass laws curbing these fun sites. But with all the guys into the foot scene it is doubtful the foot scene will be squashed. Two years ago one guy posting on the old board confessed to being a federal judge in New York and gave some interestng comments about some things. I got impression he is one of us and was giving us some "freebie" info. Great guy. They'll outlaw bars, tattoo parlors, tobacco and alcohol before they take footsites away. Anyway "Dubya" will be out in about 2 3/4 years. Not to worry.

6. Default Dick Cheney as President... would this change anything?

"President Dick Cheney"? or how about
    "President Dennis Hastert"?

If you're concerned about current levels of censorship, your efforts are probably best spent targeting FCC regulations by pressuring your congressmen and senators to direct the agency differently through legal changes, rather than on feel-good efforts at impeachment. Even if it were successful, it would only address the censorship issue indirectly and would result in very little policy change as Dick Cheney would officially assume the Presidency. Given his considerable role in current policy development, I doubt there would be any changes. (If the impeachment website had its way, Republican Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert would become President. Again, probably little change.)

People in both parties have jumped on the censorship bandwagon, so it's hard to say whether the next person in office will approach this issue any differently, regardless of their party. Righteous indignation is very fashionable on the Hill.

The case laid out on the website would probably not pass Senate scrutiny even if the Democrats were in charge there. The only issue I'm aware of that you might be able to make a case for the President intentionally violating a law would be the ordering of part of the Ingelligence Community to monitor U.S. citizens without a warrant. The article in favor of impeachment on the website attempts to lay out a case so broad it doesn't read like a strong legal argument.

7. Default

Tinkbash wrote: Anyway "Dubya" will be out in about 2 3/4 years.

That long? Thanks for depressing me. Dubya being in for more than 6 more seconds is TOO long!

The article mentioned nothing about putting an end to Foot sites. I even did a Google search. Found nothing.

9. Default

When you guys can point out specific instances where President Bush's policies have directly affected your personal liberties, I'll start listening. Until then, stop blowing smoke.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by footmanfl
    When you guys can point out specific instances where President Bush's policies have directly affected your personal liberties, I'll start listening. Until then, stop blowing smoke.
    Me? Not personally. YET.....and THAT'S what frightens me. Many of Bush's supporters would LOVE to do so, and THAT'S what frightens me.

:!: