Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you sometimes wish you didn't have a foot fetish?

A long time ago I would've said yes, but now with an understanding husband I get nothing but enjoyment from it and as you say gianni9uk, the last thing the guys expect you to be perving on is their feet, which can be fun!

2. Default

Everyone goes through this, I suspect. I don't think what we do is any different from what straight men do with women's boobs and asses. It's socially acceptable for men to ogle and drool over women's bodies and even encouraged as an expression of masculinity. We just happen to be on the outside of this loop of cultural acceptance. Just like everyone else, I find myself going out sometimes for no other reason that to check out the summer time foot display. Grocery stores, gas stations, Wal-Mart, the mall, you name it. In the summer, any place is a good place for a sighting. Just the other day I saw a guy on my college campus long-boarding in flip flops. He had the most amazing feet. Having the fetish just gives us a greater appreciation for the beauty of the human body. I'm no longer ashamed because I'm almost completely convinced that everyone else is doing the same thing just with whatever part of the body they prefer. As long as you don't bother people and respect their boundaries like any decent person should, you shouldn't have anything to be ashamed of.

As far as relationships go, don't let what people present to you in public fool you. No relationship is ideal. Most suck. I think the most important relationships in life are not romantic or even sexual at all.

Default I've always enjoyed it...

The reason it developed was more subconscious for me. My mother had really bad feet from wearing the wrong shoes (she was born in the early '20s) and by the time she grew up she had severe bunions. That might not have bothered me except that she soaked them every hit, and her nails, to top it off, were very opaque. It was the only time I recall shuddering, and then I'd happen to notice my father's feet, and they were nice. I suppose it just pointed out that feet could look nice. It faded into my subconscious until I was 25, even though I had a lover I met when he was at Yale, at 23. He wore Kalso Earthshoes, and as far as I recall, had normal feet - but I couldn't tell you much about what they looked like.

And then I moved to San Francisco in 1975, was walking my German Shepherd, Isis (not such a popular name now, but back then, she was just the name of and Egyptian goddess, so nobody called me in for questioning. (Heh, heh), and it was my first night and I walked past a guy who said "hi" and then we passed each other on my way back from Isis' walk, and we stopped and I was excited to be there, and pointed to my apartment. He said he lived at the end of the street. I invited him to see my apartment (completely innocently, as I was so excited to be living in San Francisco), he came up, and shortly afterwards, while he was sitting on my bed, (it was the only piece of furniture I'd acquired on my first day of life there [October 16, 1975]. he took off his shoes (I don't think we had sex, since I wasn't into sex with strangers, but that was 40 years ago, so maybe I'm having a memory revision) and I looked at his feet and exclaimed that he had beautiful feet. He turned his foot to the right and left, and said, "Do you think so" and I said, Yes, stunned by how beautiful his toes were. And he was very pleased. Come to think of it, I think we did at least play around a bit, (kissing, hugging, caressing each other's bodies) but I didn't play with his feet. I just remember how accepting he was of my admiration for his feet, and thought nothing more of it.
    In the following years, I met my second lover, who had perfectly shaped toes, symmetry, you name it. Once again noticed it, but didn't make a big thing of it. That was 1978. I don't recall noticing it as something that turned me on. My appreciation was aesthetic (a subconscious reaction, no doubt, to my mother's feet). It wasn't until 1980, when I'd been away for 10 months, that something clicked. Luckily, I was in San Francisco, and was one of the Big Boys, so guys were flattered by my attention and maybe that's why they didn't flinch if I happened to compliment them on their feet. I did it rarely enough that the guys I said it to, who were just the boy-next-door types, were thrilled I noticed them (not that I was "all that, but I worked out long before most guys even knew about gyms, so I was pretty hard to miss), and would smile happily and start talking to me.
    So, in summation (finally!, I can hear some of you saying), no, it was never anything I felt embarrassed about, but I was living in Gay Mecca at at time where gay was the norm in the city and if guys thought you were hot, they didn't care what the reason was you noticed them. Never an issue for me. I even publicly declared it in 1988, when I was vying for a spot on the Bare Chest Contest. Mr. Marcus, the reining leather diva columnist, read everyone's 3 x 5 card, and when it came to the question, "do you have a fetish?", I put "feet." And when he read it to the crowd, they just went , "Ooooooh" and it sounded admiring, as though they were thinking, maybe if I show him my feet, I can go home with him. Nobody even blinked twice, and I didn't notice any disgusted looks. So, all my life, the feedback has been nonchalant, or, if a guy wanted me to notice him, was glad to get a compliment for ANY body part he had. Easy, schmeasy.
    Last edited by gbmcleod; 07-25-2015 at 09:55 AM. Reason: syntax
    Smiles cost nothing, but are priceless in their impact. Get yours today!

4. Default

This past weekend was a challenge not to stare too much at guys nice feet.

So many guys in flip flops walking around with most having no clue how hot their feet look!

5. Default

This thread has been an interesting read.

I've never really felt consumed by my foot fetish in the ways some of you seem to have, so that's never been an issue for me. I mean, sure, back in high school I enjoyed getting to have a little peek at my classmates' feet whenever we did swimming during P.E. and sometimes, if the opportunity arises to see a good looking guy barefoot/wearing flip-flops/socks when I'm out and about I'll certainly have a peek, too (though living in the UK, flip-flops are a rarity let me tell you lol).

Sometimes, I guess maybe I have thought it'd be slightly easier from a sexual/relationship perspective not to have a fetish, but let's face it, there are *far* more odd or extreme fetishes. A foot fetish is probably one of the most - if not *the* most - common one there is, so although not everyone's into it it's really pretty low on the 'weirdness' scale. Quite a lot of people really enjoy having foot massages/refelxology, which you could argue is a gateway to fetishising them. There are probably a lot of guys who wouldn't think twice about having their feet toyed with sexually who then end up enjoying it.

So, I guess, for me the only times I might've wished I didn't have a foot fetish is when I'm with another person i.e. a partner, be it one night or potential relationship, because I fear the awkwardness that might come up once the topic comes into question, sexually. And also, I guess I could add that a guy who doesn't have nice feet really turns me off, even if he's stunningly gorgeous elsewhere. It's a dealbreaker, for me.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dangerguy View Post

I've never really felt consumed by my foot fetish in the ways some of you seem to have, so that's never been an issue for me. I mean, sure, back in high school I enjoyed getting to have a little peek at my classmates' feet whenever we did swimming during P.E. and sometimes, if the opportunity arises to see a good looking guy barefoot/wearing flip-flops/socks when I'm out and about I'll certainly have a peek, too (though living in the UK, flip-flops are a rarity let me tell you lol).

Sometimes, I guess maybe I have thought it'd be slightly easier from a sexual/relationship perspective not to have a fetish, but let's face it, there are *far* more odd or extreme fetishes. A foot fetish is probably one of the most - if not *the* most - common one there is, so although not everyone's into it it's really pretty low on the 'weirdness' scale. Quite a lot of people really enjoy having foot massages/refelxology, which you could argue is a gateway to fetishising them. There are probably a lot of guys who wouldn't think twice about having their feet toyed with sexually who then end up enjoying it.

So, I guess, for me the only times I might've wished I didn't have a foot fetish is when I'm with another person i.e. a partner, be it one night or potential relationship, because I fear the awkwardness that might come up once the topic comes into question, sexually. And also, I guess I could add that a guy who doesn't have nice feet really turns me off, even if he's stunningly gorgeous elsewhere. It's a dealbreaker, for me.
    I'm in the UK too, but I have noticed that guys are wearing flip flops more than they used to, I'm 31 and I've really noticed a change and it's down to men's fashion. I used to have THE best job while I was a student, I worked for Next on the menswear department and I always ended up working the fitting rooms and I saw some amazing sights, because the guys would take off their flip flops or sandals to try stuff on and than come out to show their girlfriends. Having said that, younger twinky guys can be a bit foot-shy, also their fashion just doesn't really suit or include flip flops or sandals, so had I been working the Topman fitting rooms I probably wouldn't have seen half as much stuff, whereas Next is aimed at guys in their twenties whose spring/summer styles work well with flip flops, although I have seen some hot twinks wearing T-shirt, skinny jeans and flip flops, that is a hot look!
    Last edited by gianni9uk; 07-28-2015 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Duplicate quote

Quote Originally Posted by dangerguy View Post

I can understand the concern about realizing a guy doesn't have the kind of feet that turn you on. That IS a hard one.But if you're going to spend the rest of your life with him, and not play around, then the fetish becomes no different than having a partner whose looks (facial) turn you on. To have a partner whose face does nothing for you is something most people could understand, unless you're simply marrying for companionship and not sex. So, the only difference with foot guys is many of us look at a different end of the body: the foot, instead of the face, is what drives us wild. I think that that actually gives some nice-looking, but not drop-dead gorgeous guys a chance to land some gorgeous guy who's wild about their feet, though. It evens out the sexual landscape a bit, too.
    Smiles cost nothing, but are priceless in their impact. Get yours today!

I love having a foot fetish! obsessing on a guys feet, catching glimpses, being spontaneous... it's all part of the ride.