Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grindr

1. Default Grindr

I'm sure many of you are familiar with Grindr, the gay dating app.

I was wondering how you guys go about your foot fetish. Do you straight up ask someone for pictures after a little small talk? Or do you just go for whoever you find attractive and pray he has good looking feet?

The problem is that there are tons of guys who are okay, not really my type, but if they had hot feet I'd definitely hook up with them. But I can't really open a conversation with "I dont really think youre that good looking but show me your feet and if I like them I wanna date you." Making small talk and showing interest for the sole purpose (pun intended) of getting them to show their feet so you can decide if you want them or not is also not really my style.

Basically what I'm getting at: asking a guy for a face/body picture to decide if you like them is seen as perfectly reasonable. Asking them for sole pictures is kinda creepy. But for me theyre just as (if not more) important.

Isn't Grindr more of a sex app, than an actual 'dating' app? I've never used it, although friends have. If you're hooking up, and there's room in the app for what turns you on, (or maybe there isn't: I went to install it just to see what it was a out, but it's pretty intrusive. Wants access to everything in my phone, so I'm going to activate an old phone and put it on there and see how it works, but MAN, it wants your photos, access to camera (and everything else. NO WAY.)
    Anyway, if there's room for photos, just put a photo where your feet are right at the front of the photo (you're lying in a hammock, on the sofa, on the floor) and the rest of you is lying back. Guys aren't stupid, and if you have 3 or 4 photos with your feet showing, they'll figure out you are into feet. Either they think it's "like, totally gross, dude," or they'll say, "You have nice feet." There's your opening. ON the other hand, since I haven't used it, maybe there aren't room for a number of photos like I suggested.
    Smiles cost nothing, but are priceless in their impact. Get yours today!

I know well about Grindr , but I don't use it. AND Yeah....it's the same kind of predicament I always find myself facing -- and I'm NOT GETTING any younger !! I am attracted to, I am aroused by male FEET. There's a certain shape, a look that I like. A guy could be HOT from ankle to head but if his feet don't interest me, I can't get HARD ! I have a gorgeous 23-year old 6'2" dark Latin friend of mine who is straight, but he says he'd let me suck him off and he can fuck me if I want ( I am 46 years old) - and many times we've been together where I could easily have him -- PROBLEM is... I am not at all turned on by his feet. He is VERY handsome, cool, great face, awesome cut abs, etc....but his FEET just don't turn me on. I haven't told him that I have a foot fetish so he's wondering why I don't make a move on him. His dick is kind of small too, though - but I really don't care about that. IF HIS Feet were as hot as his straight friends are , I'd drop to the floor and lick and enjoy them right away ! What a dilemma ! I would much rather have an average to even ugly guy (as long as he's masculine acting) with manly, gorgeous feet than a gorgeous, muscular young guy with ugly or boring feet. Granted, this 23-year old Latino is my FRIEND that I love very much, like a younger brother or even a son. I have no sexual interest in him.
    For the Love of Feet

4. Default

I use Growlr, which is like Grindr for bears, and it's actually the one place where I don't feel weird about asking for a picture of a guy's feet.

Because here's the thing, it's a smartphone app, which means that the very thing they're talking to you on has the capacity to take and send pictures. When I've asked for feet pics, I usually get them almost immediately. Most guys don't care what their feet look like, so it's not like they have to get all gussied up like when taking a face/body pic. They just point the camera at their feet and snap a pic. I'm betting most of them are already barefoot and don't even need to take off their socks to do it.

The rate at which I get feet pics on Growlr compared to anywhere else is pretty staggering. I've never had a guy get weirded out, most are pretty open to it and will send them without hesitation. You have to remember that guys on these apps are used to trading dick pics, so feet pics are super tame. Even more tame than face pics since guys who don't share our fetish usually don't give a second thought to their feet.

I will say-- I have better luck if I try to sweeten the deal. As a rule, I don't have dick pics on any dating app like that. But I tell guys who ask that I'm willing to take a dick pic and send it to them, if they can give me a foot pic to get me hard first. That basically always works.Of course, you gotta make good on your promise and if you're not into that, I can see how it'd be an issue. But even still, I'm sure you can work out some sort of trades. If a guy is into you, he won't be afraid to snap a pic of his feet to show you just how into you he really is.

Quote Originally Posted by culfoxio View Post
    I know well about Grindr , but I don't use it. AND Yeah....it's the same kind of predicament I always find myself facing -- and I'm NOT GETTING any younger !! I am attracted to, I am aroused by male FEET. There's a certain shape, a look that I like. A guy could be HOT from ankle to head but if his feet don't interest me, I can't get HARD ! I have a gorgeous 23-year old 6'2" dark Latin friend of mine who is straight, but he says he'd let me suck him off and he can fuck me if I want ( I am 46 years old) - and many times we've been together where I could easily have him -- PROBLEM is... I am not at all turned on by his feet. He is VERY handsome, cool, great face, awesome cut abs, etc....but his FEET just don't turn me on. I haven't told him that I have a foot fetish so he's wondering why I don't make a move on him. His dick is kind of small too, though - but I really don't care about that. IF HIS Feet were as hot as his straight friends are , I'd drop to the floor and lick and enjoy them right away ! What a dilemma !

I would much rather have an average to even ugly guy (as long as he's masculine acting) with manly, gorgeous feet than a gorgeous, muscular young guy with ugly or boring feet. Granted, this 23-year old Latino is my FRIEND that I love very much, like a younger brother or even a son. I have no sexual interest in him.
    I'm with you

6. Default

I'm totally aroused by feet and I use Grindr. When a conversation gets started and I'm asked what I like, I just tell them (among other things).....I'm a foot guy....hot guys with masculine feet turn me on. So there it is, we like what we like.......it helps in my case that guys find me attractive. LIke you guys hot feet get me hard, lol.....I'm also 47 but in great shape and have in fact licked some hot soles and sucked off some toes from Grindr hookups.

7. Default

In college I've used Grindr to meet lots of guys my age. I went to school in a city where lots of people are open-minded, so location is definitely a factor when it comes to Grindr. I'd be upfront that I'm into feet and offered guys foot massages. For most guys it was their first time having their feet worshiped, so it was cool being their first. Some of their feet smelled incredible after being in their shoes and socks at school all day. There's nothing like having a cute young guy kick back and relax while you enjoy his delicious feet. I've also used Grindr to have my own feet worshiped as well, usually by older guys but sometimes by other guys my age whom I wasn't into but enjoyed the sensation nonetheless. I've had my feet licked much fewer times than when I've been at the feet of another guy.

tenchichan:
    The difference is that bear guys are not uptight in the way non-bear guys frequently are. They've embraced their non-mainstream looks (they're usually pretty curvy, if not outright hefty!), at least, that is, when the bear movement started in San Francisco. The bear bar in the Castro rarely had any skinny (or even muscular, since this whole "muscle bear" thing is absurd: the whole idea was that bears weren't into looking like a contestant for Mr. Universe) guys in it. They're earthy, as in "not neurotic" in the SF scene of that time (mid 80s), which was working out, being buff and all that.
    I'm fairly well built, but not at all into other built guys. I think Eddie Redmayne ("The Theory of Everything") or Nicholas Hoult (X-Men and a few other movies) are more my speed, not to mention they both have killer toes (which you can see in "The Theory…") or "X-Men:First Class, when Hoult is injecting himself with something that will get rid of the mutant gene, and we watch his feet morph into "normal"…and MAN, are they hot. Of course, 10 seconds later, the potion goes wrong and so do his feet…sigh.

I like more average guys (with great feet, but here in Connecticut, not happening that much), meaning, they might be runners or swimmers, or even none of the above, and have perfectly nice bodies as they are, without any specialized exercise routine. But, concerning the bear community, it allows for "kinks" that the rest of the gay community doesn't: smell, for one. Telling a bear he smells good is more likely to get you a smile and a "So, you like how I smell?" than a scowl. So, feet wouldn't be anything that grosses them out.
    It's all in the demographics (and the location) you're in. Connecticut guys are so different than SF guys that another friend of mine, who also lived in SF in the 70s (when I was there) says it's like going back to the Dark Ages, where guys aren't cool within themselves. Not a recipe for meeting guys who think that merely liking sexy feet is normal. So, I'm sure both apps work well: if you're in New York, Boston, SF, LA, Chicago or some other sophisticated city (not that country guys would be turned off to a guy who is into feet. For guys who grew up on farms (like my mom's family), being barefoot was completely normal, so their reaction might be a bit more open-minded, too).
    Last edited by gbmcleod; 05-10-2015 at 01:41 PM.

9. Default

Don't give me that shit dude. I'm a bear, but I've been with plenty of non-bears. They've never had a problem showing me their feet or letting me play with them. It sounds to me like you're just afraid of being judged. Get over it and get out there and have some fun.

"Give you shit"? This wasn't about you, it was about Grindr and if you actually read my initial post (carefully), you would have seen the constructive suggestion. Obviously you missed the whole section on taking photos and posting them on your profile.
    As for being "afraid of being judged," I was a Bare Chest Contestant winner back in the 80s, and when Mr. Marcus read from the 5 x 7 personal cards we submitted that told about who we were and if we had any fetishes, he read What I'd written aloud: "I like feet." I was questioned by the judges about how to tell if a guy's feet would turn me on. How you got that I was afraid of being 'judged' while living in San Francisco for 30 years is beyond me. I was "doing" feet in San Francisco in 1976 and everyone knew it, because guys would tell each other about what someone liked if they'd been with the guy. It was before AIDS, and people were still in the hippie era.
    Try reading it again, and tell me where you see a fear of being judged. You're off base by the proverbial country mile. And then some. I'm a 64-year old BLACK guy. If I had worries about being 'judged,' that was back in the 50s, 60s and 70s, when it was dangerous for me due to my color (and that was in Boston, not Mississippi), so I know about judgment way more deeply than a sexual fetish.
    I really like it when people read what is on the page. I guess your advice applies to Culfoxio, too, since he finds Grindr hard to connect to, as well.