Thread: gay theme in a great telenovela

Default gay theme in a great telenovela

The Mexican telenovela "Que pobres tan ricos" (What rich poor people) is entering its last week and the gran final will be on Sunday August 24. The themes include many important topics, such as the conflicts between the social and economic classes, bullying, the single mother, and a variety of gay themes, such as homophobia, the difficulty in accepting being gay, coming out, finding a partner, living as a gay person in a straight society. You may find it interesting to tune into the last week even if you haven't been following the action.

What? You say you're Italian, German or French? Well, this is America! Learn Spanish!

OK, OK, I understand you may not learn quickly enough to understand the episode this coming Monday. Here's what you can do.

Go to a gay bar. Hook up with a cute Latino. Take him home in time for the chapter of the novela and ask him to translate. Goodness! Do I have to think of everything?

And yes, this will be on the test! (Can you tell I'm a retired teacher?)_
    Last edited by ftlaudft; 08-16-2014 at 12:24 PM.

The Argentine telenovela Farsantes(Bluffers) which ended earlier this year also is another telenovela which had gay themes and legal drama and it also had sexy Chilean actor Benjamin Vicuna.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Benjam%C3%ADn-Vicu%C3%B1a_Chilean_actor.jpg  
    Last edited by aso49red; 08-17-2014 at 04:53 PM.

Thank you, aso49red, for the info on "Farsantes." I hope it makes it to our screens here in Florida. In our novelas here we do see good Argentine actors, such as Sebastian Rulli and Juan Soler. But we rarely get the Argentine novelas. I'll be watching!