Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's with the Envelopes flying on my screen?

Blog Entries

That's all a bit dramatic, don't you think? LOL. First of all, as a member, you don't see all the behind the scenes problems that are associated with running a board like this. Constant attacks from hackers, spam bots, and the like. Ask Boots about it. He can tell you when there were days when there were over 1000 bots that joined in one day and there were forums full of spam. In order to keep up with these miscreants, we have to update technology to keep things running smoothly and safely.

We're still making a lot of changes and this is a work in progress. For instance... soon we'll have several different color schemes that you can choose from so those of you that get sent into "epileptic seizures" from "dazzling technicolors" or "intense backgrounds" can choose something more soothing. If you have some constructive criticism on how to make the site better, which your post does, we're taking all of that into account. We will be making more changes, but it will NOT go back to the old forum. So try and show a little patience during our remodel.

In the mean time, might I suggest a decaffeinated blend? I can recommend several that offer the same rich, full taste as whatever it is you're drinking now!

Best,

FootBuddies

2. Default

Well, that was a good explanation - thanks for a peek behind the scenes! Sometimes a little transparency goes a looong way.

I'm still feeling quite dramatic however...it's the result of one epileptic seizure too many!

3. Default

sorry, was having a hard time reading the stuff u posted due to the envelopes blocking everything.....just make it a simple site and stop fixing stuff that is not broken!!! and ur response about the complaints is really immature. Tell me you are not the one in charge or this site... please. You brought colors, coffee, seizures, technicolors and intense backgrounds in to it.... You are not sounding very professional right now. I doubt you could figure out a remote control Barbie doll at this point.... just saying. now THATS dramatic

Blog Entries

I figured out how to work the BAN button though

You need to get rid of the floating envelopes, please. Now. That is so 1997.

There are times I don't WANT to read my private messages, and the same goes for probably everyone else in the membership. It makes it impossible to read a post when words get blocked by the "dancing baloney" that's now here. There is no value added by this; and it appears to be causing this site a loss of goodwill.

Also, please revert the color scheme back to where it was --- a more neutral set of colors. I, like seven to nine percent of the membership, have some form of colorblindness. This mish-mash of primary colors hurts my head. And some color combinations are impossible for me and my colorblind brethren to distinguish.

Please remember the universally accepted acronym for any design idea: KISS. Keep it simply simple.
    S. ''Boots'' McGraw
    FootBuddies message boards moderator
    bubbafeet.com webmaster
    http://www.bubbafeet.com
    http://www.clips4sale.com/store/17366
    BootsMcGraw a.t zoho d.o.t c.o.m (Bite my ass, address harvesters!)

Blog Entries

You mean these colors?

Blog Entries

OK, finally found the setting for the flying envelopes. You can now turn OFF the flying envelopes by clicking on SETTINGS up at the very top of the page to access the User Control Panel. Look for

DBTech - vBSuper PM's

And click right underneath that where it says PM NOTIFICATION SETTINGS. There you can disable the notifications.

Now can we all just get a long?

Thanks for your support!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by FBadmin View Post
    I figured out how to work the BAN button though
    Well, that's a bit capricious, wasn't it? I used to moderate a very large internet forum and the one thing we moderators had to learn was how to take blunt, sometimes chastising criticism without punishing members for speaking out. It was sometimes difficult but it made the site more open and appreciated in the end.

Please don't ban me...just contributing my two cents.

Blog Entries

I won't ban you, hepkat. And his ban is not permanent. LOL. I can take criticism, of course... I'm very used to it. I do not tolerate rudeness, very well, though. I have a very sarcastic side, which was how I answered your original post. I always give someone the benefit of the doubt, but if you actually read this thread, you'll see that solelover didn't actually read anything. He made a comment about the flying envelopes. I responded politely. He responded again. And in the end, with another response, he chose to go on that I should not be working on this board and to leave it alone. If it was left alone, it wouldn't exist anymore, which was what I took the time to explain to you, in my sarcastic manner, which you read and then thought about it and it made sense and you replied. Solelover was just looking to bitch and complain, and at a time when I am working night and day trying to improve and figure out this new system to make it the best it can be for you members... Well... you get my point.

In the end, this is a completely free site, it always has been, and it always will be. You know if you went somewhere every day for a free lunch where they served Turkey on White Bread, but then the Chef changed to Wheat bread because it's healthier, it's not very appropriate to then yell at the chef and tell him that his sandwiches suck.

Solelovers ban ends in 4 more days. He'll survive.

'Nuff Said

Blog Entries

You can turn them off in your user control panel.

Just go to http://www.footbuddies.com/usercp.php and change the PM NOTIFICATION SETTINGS from yes to no.