Thread: a barefoot Lohengrin

Default a barefoot Lohengrin

The handsome German tenor Jonas Kaufmann sings the title role in the Claus Guth production at La Scala, Milan , and he sings in his bare feet. High notes aren't everything, you know. High arches should count for something, too! You can see the 15-minute final scene on YouTube. Go to "Jonas Kaufmann in fernem Land La Scala 2012"' and enjoy the face, voice and bare feet of this magnificent singer.

There is an even better clip posted by Gustavo Lanfranchi titled Lohengrin entrance: Teatro alla Scala, 2012. Kaufmann is lying on the ground with his back and bare soles facing the audience. The close-ups are never really close up enough to please me, but they are something

A post by teatroallascala is titled Lohengrin- 7 dicembre 2012 and shows highlights of the whole production with some good shots of Kaufmann. I do hope they put this production on DVD.
    Last edited by ftlaudft; 12-27-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Thanks for the tip-off, I love Lohengrin, and Kaufmann is very sexy

There was a great telecast of "Parsifal" from the Metropolitan Opera earlier this year. All the Knights of the Grail ran around barefoot. A really memorable scene occurs when Kundry washes Parsifal's bare feet in Act III. Kaufmann was the Parsifal and there were some good shots of the washing. Lucky Kundry!

I think all the bare feet were supposed to represent innocence. Do you think we should tell them?

Lohengrin! Oh, Lohengrin!
    How I'd love to blow 'n grin!
    Swan and Schwanz invite romance.
    Give me the bulge inside your pants!
    Or lose your shoes and rest a spell.
    I'll shrimp ya. We don't have to tell.
    Knights have their days when hormones tingle.
    Show me your bells. I''l make 'em jingle!

And a Happy Jingle Bells and New Year to all our good FootBuddies!

Bawdy Laudie and the Florida Footsies
    Last edited by ftlaudft; 01-01-2014 at 07:56 AM.