Thread: Footguys.net is... Gone??

Default Footguys.net is... Gone??

So soon... A real bummer as it was a great place to hang out - now it seems we lost that.

Anyone got the memo today?

Reactions?

J

Yes, I did hear about that today from one of my friends over at malefeetlover.com. Though I was not a member,
    I think it's a real shame since there are so few places for us to hang out online.

Same here, and I wasn't a paid member. It was a place for us like minds for us to interact and hopefully meet. But, like feet.tv before it, it seems that it wanted to be a money-maker. How I wish there was a site where we can enjoy where it doesn't have to be a price-tag put on it.

I have met some nice cool guys there, now that's gone.

How I hope that there's another site or an alternative -- but, such as it is...

I was a certainly a user of the site. Though I chose to not subscribe when that incarnation was made available. I had mixed feelings about the whole arrangement. Though I had no reason to rain on the Host's attempt to make it work. I was generally happy with the free version. I just peeked over there and read the 'down indefinitely' statement. Was an actual notification sent out to site user's warning of the pending shutdown? I don't recall reading anything on the front page which suggested it. /shrug

5. Default

A notification was sent out only to paid subscribers. To everyone else, there was a notice on the site saying "technical difficulties," then for a short time today there was an announcement about taking the site down, now it's back to "technical difficulties."

This is the second time this character shut down his site without notice. If you've made friends on that site and you have no other way to contact them, you're SOL.

I get that he wasn't making enough money on subscriptions to sustain the site, but a gentleman would have given people a little notice so that they could have reached out to their friends and made other arrangements to stay in touch.

I saw just now. Running a blog myself that I keep free, I can see how a webmaster would need to charge a small fee to cover costs.

So many people think that it's free to run a site, completely ignoring hosting costs--which are monthly and increase as more people use the site. I don't think it's greedy to cover costs to do all the work that is needed to maintain a site, or even make a bit of profit. One would certainly earn it if the site were big enough.

That said, I do wish the owner had given some indication that things were struggling financially beforehand. He could have put out call for more subscribers in an effort to keep the site alive. Realistically, I doubt he would have gotten them, but he should have at least tried, and it would have given people some notice to make arrangements to reach out to their contacts.