Thread: Ask and you shall receive!

1. Default Ask and you shall receive!

I was at Folsom Street Fair and saw this guy whose feet captivated me so much I had to whip out the camera. I kind of "foot stalked" him for a few minutes, admiring the tops of his feet. He seemed str8 and was with a female companion. I was dying to see his soles.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5668.jpg   IMG_5670.jpg   IMG_5675.jpg   IMG_5666.jpg   IMG_5674.jpg  

Last edited by AvidTickler; 09-24-2012 at 02:57 AM.

2. Default

I seized a moment when he was trailing behind his friend and flat out asked him if I could take a few pix of his feet, expecting to be told off. To my pleasant surprise, he said ' Sure, you stay right here" and ran up to ask his friend to turn back. Then he asked me how I wanted those pix taken!! Since I really wanted to see his soles, I instructed him to sit on the sidewalk showing off his soles. And he did it exactly as told.

What a great guy, huh? In my excitement, I forgot to ask his foot size but they appeared rather large. I'd say size 11-12?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5676.jpg   IMG_5677.jpg   IMG_5678.jpg  

great sole shots!!!!!!!!!

4. Default

you're awesome!
    Click Here To Check my new Vimeo channel (great collection of videos)

Click Here To Check Our New Forum

Click Here To Check This Amazing Blog

Quote Originally Posted by AvidTickler View Post
    I seized a moment when he was trailing behind his friend and flat out asked him if I could take a few pix of his feet, expecting to be told off. To my pleasant surprise, he said ' Sure, you stay right here"
    Oh man...what exact wording did you use?? Were you holding your camera when you asked?

What a great guy, huh? In my excitement, I forgot to ask his foot size but they appeared rather large. I'd say size 11-12?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they do look nice and large in the photos...isn't the Folsom thing in San Fran? Is it a largely gay thing or a mix of gay/str8 or mostly str8?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OdorEater View Post
    Oh man...what exact wording did you use?? Were you holding your camera when you asked?

What a great guy, huh? In my excitement, I forgot to ask his foot size but they appeared rather large. I'd say size 11-12?

Yeah, they do look nice and large in the photos...isn't the Folsom thing in San Fran? Is it a largely gay thing or a mix of gay/str8 or mostly str8?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I had my camera ready in hand. I literally just asked "Sorry to bother you, but do you mind if I take some pix of your feet"?"

He didn't ask why. So I didn't have to tell. And the rest is history

But this is probably much tamer compared to all the crazy stuff going on at Folsom, so I guess it just wouldn't bother people. Or maybe guys who went to Folsom are by definition more adventurous and wouldn't freak out over this. Who knows?

7. Default

Reviewing my old thread, I wonder if others have flat out approach guys in the street for foot pix and got good results?

AvidTickler, if your camera was the only thing you flipped out, I think you showed remarkable restraint. Those feet and the guy himself are so gorgeous, I think I would have lunged at his feet and it would have taken a whole unit of riot police to pull me away. In the courtroom, though, with your wonderful pics as evidence, I doubt if any jury would convict me!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AvidTickler View Post
    Reviewing my old thread, I wonder if others have flat out approach guys in the street for foot pix and got good results?
    well I don't know about pics but this guy does videos. They're amazing. http://vimeo.com/ user4024622

Default The Folsom Street Fair was ONCE a gay event...

but by 1987, it had become pretty internationally famous. I lived in SF during those days, and the FSF started in the mid-80s, a kind of reaction to AIDS (the leather community was very involved, having events to raise money for AIDS charities at a time when Shanti had barely begun to form).
    It wasn't tremendously busy the first 2 years, but it got crowded by the 3rd year. By 1990, it drew straights (with children in strollers being a common sight). I don't recall seeing any men (straight, I would guess, since they were with the wife and babies, but who truly knows?) reacting as though they were afraid. I mean, you go to a completely gay event, you expect guys are going to notice you if you're nice looking!

Everyone got along very well in those days. I gave up after 1994, because there were just too many people. Fortunately, I lived 5 blocks away from it, right off Potrero Avenue, so I could walk there in 5 minutes.
    It was a time when people came together and you could feel the goodwill.
    Smiles cost nothing, but are priceless in their impact. Get yours today!