Thread: FootGuys.net - What happened?

1. Default FootGuys.net - What happened?

It's been down for awhile, does anyone know what happened? Such a shame if it ends up being another Feet.tv situation.

yea pretty much...they are changing servers and will be more of a pay site...anything u had up is now 'gone'...as gone as can be on the internet, anyway...

3. Default

I was wondering myself. It's been awhile. They initially said the new site would be up in a couple weeks. I sure hope it comes back.

Ask and you shall receive... the site is now up and running again. And there is a free option. It's a bit buried, but it's there. We'll see how this goes...

http://www.footguys.net

Yeah, I went, created loggin and profile and checked it out. The rest... well, we shall see.

Well, in a possibly good sign, after only being up for maybe 24 hours, they already have 100+ members. So I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.

7. Default

It seems to be down?

On a different note: Does anyone know what is going on with malefeet.social?

I was just going to note that myself. Wasn't sure if it was me, or the site. But new sites often have occasional bugs like this, so I'm not too worried yet. Let's just have some patience.

9. Default

Today I received the following email from footguys.net. If their servers are going to crash with 100 users, what's going to happen when people start posting thousands of pictures and videos and do live chat? If we are expected to start paying for this site, the site had better perform acceptably.

"Due to the unexpected amount of returning members over the weekend we experienced high traffic volume, which overloaded our servers. At this time we are taking the appropriate measures to accommodate the necessary space and bandwidth to sustain the level of expected membership.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and expect to be back online as soon as possible."

Update: as of yesterday, the site is back up and running.