Thread: National Geographic "Taboo" on Foot Fetish

Default National Geographic "Taboo" on Foot Fetish

check out this 15 minute documentary about Doug Gaine's, founder of the Foot Fraternity web site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9PItgvl38M
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Default THanks Doug

Courage! Indeed. THanks to Doug of Foot Fraternity for 'coming-out' so many years ago. He is a pioneer. In the larger scheme of life, it is a small thing, but to those of us who share the passion, it is huge.

great video...and yea i jacked off a little, too...doug has some nice feet..!

He truly is a pioneer in the M/M foot fetish scene. At a time when it was societally unacceptable to even come out expressing any interest or attraction to another man, Doug marched forward with the Foot Fraternity. He's still around 35 years later but his stuff doesn't get the publicity that other sites get these days. Thanks for all your work, Doug.

5. Default

I agree that it takes a lot of courage to be as open about his collection as he was during that interview....however...I am not sure that this type of interview will make fetishes any more socially acceptable or understood. While he has turned his fetish into a business, there was still a lot of obsessiveness with it that really paints a very bleak picture of what having a fetish or interest means. I know for me personally, as well as many of my other foot buddies, that my collection is not nearly that vast or complex. I know for some it is. But unfortunately, instead of taking away the stigma of having a fetish, it in some ways intensifies it. That interview (or the way it was edited perhaps) paints a picture that the fetish is the be all and end all of a person, rather than seeing it as a piece of that person's sexual spectrum. At times (and I recognize that this may be editing as well) certain behaviors almost bordered in the realm of creepy, giving me a very uncomfortable feeling. Again, this is just one person's interpretation and not meant as any harm to anybody.

chgoburbguy, I've read and appreciate your message. Without a doubt it did take courage for Doug Gaines to go public with his male foot fetish; however, having granted that, I agree with you that the way Gaines has presented his expression of his male foot fetish does make it seem to outsiders that a man's male foot fetish is the be-all and end-all of his sexuality, rather than merely one part of it. This is merely my own viewpoint, but I personally have never understood how a man can find sexual satisfaction and fulfillment from an inanimate object such as shoes, boots, or socks. To me that has always seemed, well, odd. I know there are many for whom that inanimate object is all important to his sexual fulfillment and satisfaction--but I have myself never found that to be the case. There is no substitute for a living, breathing man, and his feet are merely one part of him for that matter. Love and sex are relational, person-to-person, and I cannot understand or feel sexual or emotional feedback from an inanimate shoe or sock. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

south jersey and in nyc after may, 3rd , reloacting

Default lol lol um gee

no such video it states , removed um lol dugh ..lol hugh

Quote Originally Posted by chgoburbguy View Post
    I am not sure that this type of interview will make fetishes any more socially acceptable or understood. While he has turned his fetish into a business, there was still a lot of obsessiveness with it that really paints a very bleak picture of what having a fetish or interest means...unfortunately, instead of taking away the stigma of having a fetish, it in some ways intensifies it. That interview (or the way it was edited perhaps) paints a picture that the fetish is the be all and end all of a person, rather than seeing it as a piece of that person's sexual spectrum. At times (and I recognize that this may be editing as well) certain behaviors almost bordered in the realm of creepy, giving me a very uncomfortable feeling.
    I agree. I found it unfortunate that it, IMO also, came off as quite "creepy" at times and like they edited it to make him (and fetishes) seem weirder, as opposed to worthy of celebration (which is how fetishes should be in our society, instead of ostricizing). If it managed to make some of us---fellow feet guys---feel uncomfortable, just imagine what it must look like to non-feet (or non-fetish) people.

When I first heard of this coming to TV I thought "Hey cool, now I can show my gay friends what it's like to love feet from an actual feet-lover's point of view explored"---but after seeing this, not so much.

Default national geographic

yeah...i saw this, i noticed that they overlaid clips of dug with creepy music.. but at the end of the day he is a nice guy, and that came across, i have spoken to him on the phone and he is a friendly chap, and quite bold to put himself on tv like that.
    a lot of people dont like the foot frat films because of the dom/ sub aspect, and the "straight men rule" aspect but i always found them very sexy, i remember before the internet existed, looking at the little black and white pictures in their catalogue and being really envious of what he was doing, and maybe thats what started off on asking men if they would do that to me too
    anyone visiting london and wanting a fit friendly bloke at their feet e mail me peter.cleary3@ntlworld.com
    or any foot bottoms wanting to meet up and swap stories