Thread: Barefoot at the barbershop

Hybrid View

1. Smile Barefoot at the barbershop

Recently, while I was on a business trip, I decided to go get a haircut. The barber was very friendly and easy going. He asked how my day was and then mentioned that he likes to make his shop a place to relax at the end of the business day. I was wearing a business suit, with a tie, and dress shoes with laces.

He suggested that I make my self at home as I sat in the barber chair. I loosened my neck tie and then I thought, hmmnn, I wonder if he would allow me to kick off my dress shoes. I asked him if I could remove my shoes and he said sure, and while you're at it, you may as well take off your socks. I couldn't believe what I was hearing...

After I took off my shoes, I slowly peeled off my socks and noticed him take a good look at my barefeet. Then he placed a towel on the top of the metal foot stool of the barber chair so I would be more comfortable. He took his time giving me a terrific haircut and a shave which felt so relaxing. He washed my haircut and carefully scrubbed my scalp. It felt amazing. He was very happy to see how relaxed I was and appreciated my confidence to go barefoot while whearing a business suit. I can't wait for my next business trip to see him.

I am intereted in any comments anyone may have and whether anyone has experienced anything similar.

holy shit, dude...now you HAVE to post pics of you in your suit and barefeet...please????

3. Thumbs up

Thanks for the feedback alanmt. Next time I see the barber, I'll ask him take a picture of me barefoot in a suit.

Would you like me to post my experience getting my shoes shined at Chicago O'Hare Airport?

Again, your enthusiam inspires me. Thanks so much!

oh it doesnt have to be at the barber...at home is fine! maybe relaxing in a recliner lol...

Default hot

Yes please tell us about the shoe shine

damn, michstate...*HOT*...thanks for sharing that! Love to hear about the shoe-shine, too...what size are your feet?