Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My heart is heavy today...

1. Default My condolences on your loss.

While I'm not a pet person myself, I appreciate those that are. My sympathies.

Default My heart is heavy today

Oh, Rodney, what a beautiful cat...I am so sorry for your loss. Cats and dogs do have a way of working themselves into our hearts, don't they? I've lost two cats to feline leukemia, and it was horrible. I wish they'd live as long as we do. Please know that you're in my thoughts. Take care.

Smile Rodney's loss

I'm sorry Rodney about your loss. Pets don't only become members of the family, but friends that often love unconditionally. I know it's painful to think about your loss, but think aboutalso all the wonderful times that you shared with him. Once the pain of his death subsides, I'm sure you'll add another kitty to your household, who will bring you a lot of love also. I've lost 2 pets in my lifetime, and as painful as it is, you do eventually recover from it.

Be well.
    Last edited by flickfire; 10-19-2011 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Paragraph changes

When we get a new pet, people often misunderstand and think we're replacing the old. That's not it at all. The word Flickfire uses is "'adding"' and that's what we're doing. We're adding to the pet experience and building onto a love quantity that is beyond measurement of quantity. My little kitten used to snuggle up to me and wrap his paws around my hand before he snoozed. That kind of affection can't be replaced. But when I remember it it gives me a deep joy I want to build onto.

No one understands more than I the deep connection one can enjoy with a cat, wncMTNfoot. I've been fortunate to have special relationships with four different felines since my earliest memories in childhood. They are magic little creatures who give you a true life lesson in loyalty and friendship, and truly, the best friend anyone could ask to have.

My sympathies are with you, dude.

6. Default I'm so sorry for your loss Rodney.

I have a 5 yr old black bombay so i know how you feel i almost lost spooky 3 years ago but i prayed for a for him to get better & he did the vet said it was a miracle. So i'm very sorry to hear about your kitty.peace Bill a.k.a TheBarefootman

I'm sending some hugs your way Rodney. I'm sorry you lost your little pet. He was a lucky cat.