Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why People Have Foot Fetishes

I myself personally really have never wondered why I have my kinks, and I also have rather not ever wanted to know why either. I know I enjoy it and I leave it at that.

I question the validity of books on dream analysis in the same way because I think that things of the mind are not always the same, or have the same meaning or represent the same things to different people. As they say, sometimes a cigar is just a damned cigar.

Unless a thing is causing you distress or making you do bad or unsafe things I say why ask why?

Especially with things that as subjective as sexual turn ons. I think there can be many reasons why someone likes something and another person likes the same thing.

but thats just me.

My favorite color is purple. I know that I love that color. I can get great pleasure from staring at a purple wall or being surrounded by that color in a room. Do I need to find out why? I say no.
    Last edited by ropedfeet; 10-04-2011 at 10:24 PM.

Right on, Ropie. It's been my experience that, as soon as you start asking 'the why' of something and try to analyze and label it, over-analysis and asking the other man "why?" can easily give a guy icks and jitters about even enjoying it with you. I have myself always eschewed analysis when it comes to enjoying sex with a man, and interestingly over the years and my many liasons and affairs not one guy ever felt any apparent need to get involved in asking "why". A number of different men, though, did comment to me that it was great that we just relaxed and enjoyed one another together without trying to analyze the experience or ask the why of it. So, here again, I agree with you fully, Ropie.

3. Default

Ahh, the old ignorance is bliss argument. I for one do not agree with that noxious philosophy. Some of us choose to become enlightened about ourselves and the world we live in and that can only be accomplished through the acquisition of knowledge.

Hey, that's great Cheesehead. Many things in this life do warrant clinical dissection, scrutiny, and understanding.

I just personally don't feel the need to have a "reason", of that type, for what makes me hit the ceiling in the bedroom.

Kinda takes some of the excitement out of it for me. Y'know?

And as I said I personally don't feel that "one size fits all" in these cases. Plus a lot of times these people are wrong.

But to each their own. We can all choose what works for us
    Last edited by ropedfeet; 10-06-2011 at 07:53 AM.

Default yeah, right....

Quote Originally Posted by ftlaudft View Post
    I have nothing more to add to this thread. It's a great disappointment to me to see members of this community attack with such rudeness and a lack of civility a distinguished neuroscientist who has studied foot fetishism seriously. Perhaps on another site, in another thread, there will be a meaningful discussion.
    Of course....obviously the only person allowed to make attacks on any group is FtLaudFt

vegasguy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tklduuude View Post
    Of course....obviously the only person allowed to make attacks on any group is FtLaudFt
    I know his post was meant for me and I really don't care. Give me a break! Comparing a foot fetish with phantom foot syndrome? That neuro whatever he is, is a quack, pure and simple. He is an idiot to be blunt! He most likely wasted much needed dollars for his so called study, that could have been put to much better use. I for one, do not think there is a reason, or something in my brain telling me I like feet. It's just there and I love it. I don't need a label or some idiot quack telling me I am compared to something totally irrelevant. Anyway, feel free everyone to discuss the context of the article. I won't say any more.

7. Default

Just because YOU don't need something doesn't mean someone else doesn't-- or that it shouldn't exist.

My god you are a bunch of self-centered queens. If it doesn't pertain to you then fuck it and the horse it rode in on. That's great that you're not interested in this, that or the other, but if you're so uninterested then why do you go on and on and on about how uninterested you are?

Why do you have to try and shit over everybody's parade? What is that accomplishing. We get it, you don't think this pertains to you, FINE! Move on with your fucking lives then. Go back to doing something that interests you. Unless-- no! Could it be? Why yes-- I think causing drama is what you're REALLY interested in.

C'mon, guys! Why are we being rude to each other? It's OK to disagree. It's Ok to like something or not like something. It's OK to be interested in something or not be interested in something. But can't we say what we think without punching below the belt?

With the Net we've watched the rise of a new kind of bully: the cyberbully!'But we don't have to be like that. When I surf the Net, I see hateful attacks made on the most innocent remarks and I see many people deleting their posts just to avoid being attacked.

We're so lucky to have these discussions at all. In some of the recent posts, there have been comments on the pain of coming out as a foot fetishist. It should be something we all can relate to. Why spoil the discussion with nasty attacks?

Some people enjoy understanding themselves a little more through the advances science is making. The theories that have developed from observing amputees may seem bizarre, but some of us want to explore them. If we're trying to understand ourselves and figure out who we are, why attack? And if you want to say that you're happy without self-understanding and further scientific study, can't you say it without being nasty about it?

Let's not be cyberbullies ourselves. We've got a good thing going here. Let's enjoy it and each other.

Quote Originally Posted by ftlaudft View Post
    C'mon, guys! Why are we being rude to each other? It's OK to disagree. It's Ok to like something or not like something. It's OK to be interested in something or not be interested in something. But can't we say what we think without punching below the belt?

With the Net we've watched the rise of a new kind of bully: the cyberbully!'But we don't have to be like that. When I surf the Net, I see hateful attacks made on the most innocent remarks and I see many people deleting their posts just to avoid being attacked.

We're so lucky to have these discussions at all. In some of the recent posts, there have been comments on the pain of coming out as a foot fetishist. It should be something we all can relate to. Why spoil the discussion with nasty attacks?

Some people enjoy understanding themselves a little more through the advances science is making. The theories that have developed from observing amputees may seem bizarre, but some of us want to explore them. If we're trying to understand ourselves and figure out who we are, why attack? And if you want to say that you're happy without self-understanding and further scientific study, can't you say it without being nasty about it?

Let's not be cyberbullies ourselves. We've got a good thing going here. Let's enjoy it and each other.
    For the record...I have sent a personal apology to VegasGuy (by means other than this forum to ensure he reads it should he choose not to re-visit this thread) who thought I was referring to him when I said:

I was not referring to him. It was directed towards FtLaudFt who wrote:

Science can't give us all the answers, but I'm grateful to those scientists who have found cures for diseases, improved technologies and given us TVs, computers and automobiles. No one ever landed on the moon with directions from the Baltimore catechism. Of course, there are still those who favor the popes who challenged Galileo and there are also the modern Evangelical politicos who dispute evolution.

Everyone....ask yourselves why he did not stop at:

Science can't give us all the answers, but I'm grateful to those scientists who have found cures for diseases, improved technologies and given us TVs, computers and automobiles

But continued on with:

No one ever landed on the moon with directions from the Baltimore catechism. Of course, there are still those who favor the popes who challenged Galileo

And then writes:

C'mon, guys! Why are we being rude to each other?

With the Net we've watched the rise of a new kind of bully: the cyberbully!'But we don't have to be like that

FtLaudFt should take his own advice.

Tklduude, let me repeat, we can disagree with each other, but we can do it in a civil way.

I have ongoing discussions with Roman Catholic friends about theology, philosophy, catechisms, and new schools of thought. We agree on some things, and we disagree on others. But we never call each stupid and we never get mad at each other.

I have ongoing discussions with Jewish friends about the meaning of Yom Kippur, the Jewish dietary regulations, ethics, morals and what have you. We agree on many things and disagree on others. But we don't call each other names, we don't swear at each other, and we remain friends who enjoy talking about life together.

It seems so strange to have this discussion here on a thread that deals with the origins of foot fetishism. This should have been a fun thread and a learning experience. For those who don't like the theories that have evolved from the scientist in California, it's OK not to understand them and not to accept them. But we can disagree in a nice way.