Thread: New FootParties for Chicago-Anyone interested?

Smile New FootParties for Chicago-Anyone interested?

Greetings all! Happy Summer to everyone! All these barefeet, scented, sweaty sandals and feet everywhere is just so hard for us foot fetish people, right? Anyway...been out of the loop awhile, getting back into the swing of things on the foot genre-conversed with so many people lately, which is why I bounced back onboard. Seems we need a massive reboot of foot parties here in Chicago-currently looking over a few venues and def NOT going against Touche, we just need a real boost of new meeting fun, guys who actually aren't scared to talk, open up, get barefoot, get some toes sniffed and licked and themed parties along the way-gearing up for a August kickoff..if interested and wanting to share what YOUR needs that would like to be fulfilled, let thyself know...would be nice to do Tickling Soles Night, Sock it To me Night, Feet That Smell Night..all catering to what you like for like certain hours.....hoping to help in the cause!-yours truly, The BoyWonder Returns!

Hoping to hear from those of you who are interested and comments-let's get another chapter started!
    Last edited by ChicaToes; 06-21-2011 at 12:28 AM.

Just wondering if the foot magic in Chicago has truly faded or no one really cares to give it a reboot, surprised no one has posted any voices of opinion yet...

I'll be the first to admit that I haven't attended any of the foot events in Chicago for the last several years, so I can't comment on the current ones. I've been a bit sad and perplexed that a metropolitan area of 8 million people can't draw more than a hand-full of guys. The parties in NYC reached quite a fevered pitch a few years ago with well over 100 in attendance each month, with some people driving from neighboring states to attend. They had hired models, catered food, prizes, demonstrations, theme nights, etc., as well as an energetic and gregarious host that called folks, acted as emcee, and kept things lively and moving. After hoping to apply that success to other cities, including Chicago, it never materialized quite the same. For the first two or there, the host flew out, greeted, had prizes, and a number of people showed up. However, the 'parties' quickly became "Here's a space and a time. Show up and make something happen." No host, models, themes, food, or energy. The last one I attended had 7 people there who all stood around and said virtually nothing to each other. That's the kind of memory a lot of people have, so the enthusiasm around it pretty non-existent.

Again, I can't speak to how the current parties are hosted or attended, but your idea sounds like a breath of fresh air. I hope it can work. My unsolicited word of wisdom would be - big successful events don't just happen. They take a lot of planning, energy, marketing, and commitment. All the best to you in your planning.