Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why celebrities?

Default Why celebrities?

By a huge margin, the most overwhelmingly popular topic on these boards is the posting of photos of celebrities and their feet. For years, one question about it has been nagging me: WHY?

I just don't understand the fascination with something that will never be reality.

Playing devil's advocate, I look at it like this....

You will never meet these people. If you do happen to meet these people, you will never see their feet. If you do happen to see their feet, you will never be allowed to touch them.

So why get all worked up over something that's only going to leave you high and dry? I see spending any time on celebrity photos as the ultimate exercise in frustration.

I know many of you must think differently; and I'd like to hear your take on this.
    S. ''Boots'' McGraw
    FootBuddies message boards moderator
    bubbafeet.com webmaster
    http://www.bubbafeet.com
    http://www.clips4sale.com/store/17366
    BootsMcGraw a.t zoho d.o.t c.o.m (Bite my ass, address harvesters!)

2. Default Agreed

I've never understood this fascination myself. I also don't understand the need to compare people with celebrities that may look similar.

I'm not sure the fascination about celebrities either. Most of them are just so boring. Further, it's nothing special if everyone likes a certain celebrity.

For example, I'm not attracted to Megan Fox because everyone else in the world is attracted to Megan Fox. If I were to like her, there's nothing special.

But I must confess I fantasize about Oded Fehr's feet.

Oh, I'm not interested in having any kind of relationship with celebrities. To be honest, I'm not generally bothered by them at all, since I don't really watch TV and I'm not into that celebrity culture, but I think what it is is that they are often attractive people in the public eye and when they go barefoot people can take pictures for us. It is good for fantasies. That is all.

5. Default

Because celebrities are attractive and their feet are nice to look at.

Does it NEED to be more complicated than that? It's called fantasy for a reason.

I think for alot there is something of a "security-blanket" thing about it. Before the internet, the only way many of us were able to have our desire for feet satisfied was getting a chance to see Tom Selleck's soles on Magnum or a shot of John Ritter's toes on Three's Company, or flipping through PEOPLE magazine or any other publication for an actor or a model to give us a cheap thrill. I had a massive collection of pics from various publications; now I have loads of pics in a folder on my computer. The practice has carried on into adulthood for many of us. Celebrities/models' feet have become a fetish in itself.

Overall, however, it's an aesthetic thing - many of these celebrities are beautiful, and it doesn't take a scientist to figure out why their feet became part of the fascination. I don't find anything wrong with it.

Default tenchichan, celebrities are no more or less attractive...

...than any of us, since, before they became celebrities, they were just everyday people.
    They may have been chosen by the star-machine makers BECAUSE they were someone that person wanted to make famous, but their feet are no more or less attractive than some of the guys on this board.
    I like the photos, but most of them are 40' away, the feet appear telescoped, and there's no detail to them. That's the part I find a waste of time, although for many guys, its just SEEING that they HAVE feet that seems to set some guys off (as though they didn't actually have feet).
    But yes, it's just a fantasy. I find, for example, the geek thread much more appealing, because the guys are part of OUR galaxy, not stars in the sky that one cannot think (all that often, although it happens) of meeting.
    I'd rather see a guys feet closeup. I understand others feel differently.
    Smiles cost nothing, but are priceless in their impact. Get yours today!

8. Default

I hope this won't turn into some kind of a bashing thread of those who like celebrity feet. It already is. Partly. :/

First of all, I wanted to say the exact same thing like akeel, except that he phrased it much better.

Personally, I've never been very interested in those "posed" foot pics and vids, where you have some random guy displaying his feet in 10-minute vids, or 2 guys randomly licking each other's feet...just like that. No interaction of any other kind, if you get what I mean.

For me, I don't care about celebrity feet, just because they're celebrities. A guy doesn't have to be famous. I'm attracted to 'unintentional', every-day situations. So if we get a movie scene with some (preferably hot ) guy propping his bare feet on a table, full display, that will definitely turn me on much more than seeing 2 strangers licking each other's feet for 10 mins. Maybe it's the lack of context, dunno. Hope you get what I mean.

I guess it's because of the lack of such experience in real life. If I would have a boyfriend, I guess I wouldn't be looking for other guys' feet on the internet, famous or not.
    Last edited by SnowFanatic; 05-29-2011 at 04:41 PM.

Thumbs up Give me The Guy Next Doors Feet Anyday.......

I fully agree, as celebrity feet are no different than anyone elses. Give that hot guy's body & feet who works at Pet Smart any day!!!

There's a guy which works at our local WalMart, and everytime I see him I drool, as he is hot as hell! He wears nice casual shoes, and he has the sexiest size & shape feet, (I would say his feet are about 9's). I would love to see his legs & feet naked, as I imagin they are awesome as hell, not forgetting his prick & bush, I love a thick manly bush, with a nice happy trail leading down from the belly button.

"Snowfanatic", you are totally correct in what you say, as it takes real erotic love making between the guys to turn me on. Not some staged scene, where there's no real sexual attraction between the guys, who are just going through some directed action. You can't fake sexualy attracted sparks between people!
    Last edited by alexandre; 05-29-2011 at 07:59 PM.

SnowFanatic and Alexandre are making a lot of sense when they talk about context and erotic lovemaking. Many of us are not stimulated much by the sight of a foot, pretty or ugly, bare or shod, if it's not attached to a face, a person, a somebody. If the foot is attached to a somebody and that somebody meets another somebody - ah! then the magic can start. The two interact, relate, move, drama begins, erotic movement continues, sparks begin to fly - and then sex becomes interesting. It's the context that does it. Making love means people doing something, not just lying there passively, and they'd better have faces and something distinguishing about them besides a big toe and a powerhouse dick if they're going to hold our interest. Just my opinion.

Celebrity or ordinary Joe who lives down the street? Well, if he's a celebrity, we already know something about him and can use him in our imagination more easily for a fantasy ideal. The guy down the street? Can't say. Don't know him. I kinda like celebrities. The guy down the street is so remote.