PDA

View Full Version : News about Jay Grafmiller

chadwarnes
05-05-2011, 08:26 PM
With tremendous sadness I report that famed foot/tickle photographer and dear friend of the male foot fetish community, Jay Grafmiller, has passed away from complications of lung cancer in Silver Spring, MD. Most of us are familiar with his photo and video work over the years and many of us were lucky enough to call him a friend.

Jay was a steadfast patron of MTMTN, the Ticklefest gatherings and the early Foot Friends parties in New York. He generously offered his talents, financial support and other assistance to making many of the foot parties and Ticklefests successful.

Jay has also done video work for MTMTN, Sean Bentz and Chris Chase of LondonLadsFeet.com as well as Grafmiller Associates. His website, www.jayspix.com has long been a treasure trove of foot and tickle pics for years. Jay has also been a wonderful friend to me and many others in the foot fetish community for years and he will be deeply missed.

hitdabassline
05-05-2011, 08:46 PM
damn, how sad. I remember I used to visit his site alot back around 02-03. RIP :(

nicesoles
05-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Here here.
Rest in peace, dear man.

BootsMcGraw
05-05-2011, 09:31 PM
I am heartbroken.

Jay was a founding father and a pillar in the M/M tickling community. His unselfish contributions to the TickleFest gatherings, including his volunteer work at the two I hosted, made him a shining star in my eyes.

His encouragement for me to get involved in the photo and video business I will remember always. Jay, I will watch your videos, tonight, with a bittersweet tear in my eye.

I will miss you, greatly, until we meet, again.

-Scooter.

MaleFeetParty
05-05-2011, 09:32 PM
I'm so sorry! R.I.P.

novawizard
05-05-2011, 10:56 PM
so sorry to hear about jay's passing, i love the videos he made he will be missed RIP

Footlover28
05-05-2011, 11:29 PM
I'm really sad to hear that. RIP

tiedfeetguy
05-05-2011, 11:30 PM
I was never a huge fan of his work, but I definitely recognize his efforts and contributions to the foot fetish community. His were some of the first pics I ran across on the internet. Thanks for all you've done, RIP.

tfusajoe
05-06-2011, 12:03 AM
I remember when we were just starting with TeenfeetUSA, we invited Jay to be a guest photographer, and he even helped film a video with Ian, Evan, and Kelly. He would reach out and tickle Evan whom he was photographing at the time, it was very funny because Evan was so ticklish and Evan would scream "Quit tickling me old man!!!!!" and everyone in the room just cracked up. Jay will be missed greatly in our little community.

Brody
05-06-2011, 07:21 AM
Jay was a kind and gentle man. He had a generous spirit and warm nature. I'm sorry that I didn't know he was ill as I would have liked to see or talk to him before he died. Chad, you were a wonderful friend to him.

ropedfeet
05-06-2011, 09:30 AM
I was shocked and saddened to read this news. Jay was a pioneer for sure. I think his photos were some of the first exposure for many of us that told us just how many of us were "out there".

It is always sad for me when we lose one of these creative people who never let "what people will think" get in the way of their expression and creativity.

We owe much to these people who put themselves out there when it was not nearly as cool to do so.

I hope some here will take a lesson from people like Jay too.

Life is short. Get to living it and don't live it by "what others would think".

It is YOUR life. Regrets can be a bitch.

Thank you Jay. You did good for lots of people.

MaleFeet4u
05-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Unfortunately, I have never had the chance to meet Jay. I also know him from the early beginnings of the foot photography shared in the www! He certainly was the initiator for that and idol. Whereever Jay may be now, I wish him well - RIP

chadwarnes
05-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Thank you all for the kind words and condolences. They're a real comfort. I'm still quite devastated as Jay was my closest and dearest friend and it's hard to imagine life without him. I understand that many of you wish you had known he was ill, but Jay simply wanted only a small handful of close friends to know about his condition and didn't want to make people worry needlessly. It has been a very rough month. Jay went in to have a tumor removed from his right lung in early April and during surgery the doctors decided the whole lung needed to be removed. Just hours after the surgery Jay was awake, alert and in very good spirits and a full (or nearly full) recovery was expected. Unfortunately, he developed pneumonia and fluid in his remaining lung and had to remain on oxygen until the end. Still, there were hopeful signs of improvement in his condition followed by setbacks until finally his condition turned grave and he was put on palliative care.

For his last two days he was sedated and on a morphine drip and I was at his bedside when he passed away. It was a devastating experience but I feel privileged to have shared his final moments and thankful that he went peacefully in his sleep and that his suffering is over. His website, www.jayspix.com, is being run by Keith in San Francisco and he told me he intends to keep it up in tribute. I really don't know what else to say at this time. I'll have to take things as they come, but your support and respect for Jay makes it easier. He was truly a wonderful, kind, generous man and I am honored to have known him and to be his friend these last 13 years. He will be terribly missed!

baltsox
05-06-2011, 02:11 PM
I met Jay in 1995 at the NYC foot party's at the Lure. He found out that we were both from Maryland and said, hey I pass thru your town on my way home--nrideseed a ride.

Jay was generous to a fault and that was his ture spirit.

Thanks for rides to NYC and the late nite breakfast/ride back--3am-6am on a Tuesday morning driving back from the party's were so nice with his great love of music.

somecanuck
05-07-2011, 01:28 AM
Aw, Jay's site was one of the first I found 12 years ago! I didn't know him personally, but he and his work will be remembered. RIP, brother.

Freyr
05-07-2011, 03:19 AM
Rest easy, Jay. You will be truly missed :(

juice
05-07-2011, 08:22 AM
sorry to hear that about Jay ... I was a hugh fan of his site too ! Sites like this one keeps his love and passion for feet alive and I'm so grateful ... !!

chadwarnes
05-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Just want to send out a thanks to all my friends who've been contacting me with condolences. Your kind words are a real help in a difficult time.

vegasguy
05-07-2011, 08:15 PM
I remember talking to him online many, many years ago. I remember telling him of a certain type of pic that I like regarding the male foot, and that sweet man actually took a pic of his own foot for me and sent it. He was a deeply caring and giving man, and he will be missed.

seansea
05-08-2011, 01:40 AM
I'm deeply saddened by this. His website was one of the first male foot fetish sites I found back in the mid 90's. I never had the chance to meet him, but he responded to an email I had sent him once. Chad, I want to wish you my condolences. He will be missed. I am glad that the site will still be kept up.

Wyntersteele
05-08-2011, 02:47 AM
Jay Grafmiller's website was one of the first to
introduce and whisk me to the world of
beautiful feet, even before entering this one.
True story. I can't express enough thanks
to JF for being such a driving force for fans
of the tootsies. The cloud that he's ensconced
on now is one shaped like something unshod.
Bless you, Jay.

-Wyntersteele

paadilaa
05-09-2011, 06:33 AM
May Mr. Grafmiller Rest in Peace. My deepest condolences to his Family and Friends who have known him. To Mr. Warnes...stay strong. He is in a better place now. Toto :(

nwdcguy
05-09-2011, 10:14 AM
I met Jay several years ago when he invited me to his suburban Washington, DC apartment. He was a true gentleman. He gave me a great foot massage and took some amazing photos of my bare feet. I loved chatting with him about our mutual love of feet. Its was so nice to meet a man who wasn't afraid of his fetish, who was gracious, and who was willing to meet others who shared his interests. It is those aspects that I will truly miss.

ftlaudft
05-09-2011, 10:40 AM
The tributes to Jay Grafmiller are very moving. I never met Jay, but the thoughts of those who knew and loved him give me the certainty that Jay's being is now in the foreverness of God''s Eighth Day, the Eternal Memory, and that the beautiful essence of his soul continues to reach out, touch and embrace all of us. Amen and Alleluia!

SirBearFoot
05-09-2011, 10:26 PM
It's too bad to hear that. While Jay's unique style of photographing feet did not appeal to me, I certainly respect his work. He photographed my feet a few times in New York when FootFriends was still just one Monday per month. I also allowed Jay to slurp his way over both my feet. A very sweet man, I'll always think well of him, and am glad his work has brought pleasure to so many.

footman302001
05-14-2011, 08:08 AM
Rest in peace Jay! I met Jay on a business trip to DC a few years ago and he came by to take photos of my feet. He was a very nice guy and he'll be missed.

tim
05-14-2011, 05:15 PM
i just want to say thank you also to jay for all the years of enjoyment i got from his page.i still remember how happy i was when i found jayspix and chads tickling page.he will be missed.hang in there,chad. thanx guys, tim

chadwarnes
05-24-2011, 05:42 PM
Here's an interview I did about Jay for the Big Tickle Blog: http://thebigtickleblog.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-wake-of-loss-of-jay-grafmiller-chad.html