PDA

View Full Version : matthew McConaughey in Failure to Launch

gbmcleod
02-16-2009, 01:06 AM
thought you guys would want to know: in the beginning of the movie he wakes up, stretches, and the very next thing you see if two feet flat on the floor, with the camera angle directly above them. I've seen his feet before, but this is close, and wow, he really has gorgeous toes, and MAN, does this scene show them. In fact, all throughout the movie, the camera moves in on his soles. In one scene, a slow pan in towards him goes on for a full minute. Later on, Sarah Jessica has him tied to a chair-- barefoot. but that first scene? SOMEBODY was definitely into puttiing all 10 of his toes onscreen for us to see. No reason that needed to be in the movie otherwise!

luv2bottom
02-17-2009, 10:19 AM
I think Matthew knows guys are looking at his feet. They were shown a lot in "Failure to launch" and in "Fool's Gold". You can also see a sole shot in "Tropic Thunder". My friends and my partner who saw "tropic" with me know I have a thing for "Matt" and that I like to see his feet. We didn't know he was in "Tropic Thunder" so you can imagine my reaction when he appeared in the movie with his feet upon desk. Judging from from other sounds I wasn't the only MM fan in the theater who was pleasantly surprised. It was female voices I heard gasping and I doubt they were gasping at his feet like I was. Who knows? Oh, the funniest part was I saw him first and blurted out "I didn't know he was in this" then after a few seconds I realized he was barefoot and I said "Hey! right in the theater. Then I looked around to see I anyone noticed me.

As for the 3 movies mentioned I enjoyed "Tropic" and the only thing I liked about the other 2 were Matt's feet.

gbmcleod
02-17-2009, 11:14 AM
I don't think he's just doing it for guys. He knows he has beautiful feet and he shows them off the same as he shows off his smile or his body. He's a romantic comedy actor: his "shtick" is that he has to look really, really good becase thats what makes him "bankable" in movies: his looks. Kind of Cary Grant, but without the suave, debonair manner. And fewer clothes....

ropedfeet
02-18-2009, 03:13 AM
My favorite scene in Failure to Launch was the scene in the yoga class with he and his hunky buddy on their stomachs while grabbing their ankles behind them. They both have gorgeous soles and it was a great shot of both sets of feet...lots of foot stuff in that movie.

akeel
02-18-2009, 02:07 PM
Don't forget "Surfer Dude," Matt's filmic ode to his barefeet.

Footlover28
02-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Don't forget "Surfer Dude," Matt's filmic ode to his barefeet.

it's easier to mention all of his films in which he does NOT bare his feet!