View Full Version : do u think a foot fetish might be genetic?-

stustustugoo
01-03-2009, 04:14 PM
hey guys,
any theroy on the possibility that foot fetish might
be genetic?
both my parents seem to have a fascination with feet
to some extent.
and my older brother is into feet as much as i am.
when we were teens we jacked against eachothers soles
nightly.
we still have a little fun now and then.
any of you have family with a foot fetish
like yourselves?

tiedfeetguy
01-03-2009, 11:06 PM
My father has a foot fetish, but no one else in my family seems to that I can tell.

flickfire
01-04-2009, 03:03 PM
My mother used to play with my fathers' feet sometimes when I was growing up. Maybe that's where I got my fetish from!

akeel
01-04-2009, 11:24 PM
and my older brother is into feet as much as i am.
when we were teens we jacked against eachothers soles
nightly.
we still have a little fun now and then.

Ummmm ... a little fun ... now and then? You've got to tell us more, my friend.

Micky2121
01-25-2009, 09:35 PM
I think my mother might have a foot fetish, and possibly my oldest sister. My other three sisters don't appear to harbour any type of love for feet.

If it is genetic, although I really doubt my father has got a foot fetish, he might possess a recessive gene that, combined with my mothers dominant/recessive gene, could have caused a foot fetish in both my sister and I.

If the foot fetish IS a recessive gene, than both my parents would have to have a recessive gene to pass it on to me. If my mother has it, and it is recessive, than the only gene she could have passed on was the recessive gene. If it's dominant, than only one of my parents would have had to give me it to cause it.

Thing is, if it is dominant, than the foot fetish would be A LOT more common. You could compare it to brown and blue eyes, with the foot fetish being brown eyes, and not having a foot fetish as blue eyes. As we all know, variations of brown are a lot more common than variations of blue.

I wish to go a lot more in depth into this topic, provided there was some proof that it's even in our genes.

I'm only speculating that my sister has a foot fetish, and I just can't seem to determine whether it is male or female. I think it might be a bisexual foot fetish, but I'm really not sure.

It's an interesting concept - the idea of a particular strand of DNA causing a foot fetish - and I hope that, one day, a research team can be formed with the objective of finding out the causes of a foot fetish, or fetishes in general. I wonder what makes a foot fetish more common too? Has it spread more into our gene pool than others?

It's one of my dreams to be on that research team - But where would we get the money? And are people with a foot fetish really interested in knowing what causes it enough to donate?

BootsMcGraw
01-26-2009, 08:39 PM
...any theroy [sic] on the possibility that [having a] foot fetish might be genetic?...

The theories behind genetic "inheritance" suppose that any information coded into the genome got there because it pertained to survival of the species. That information is passed on to subsequent generations because the expression of that information allowed for the next generation to exist.

For foot fetishism to have a genetic basis, there has to be some way in which having a foot fetish (or not having it) increases the viability of the species. Even something as pedestrian as eye color has its roots in survivability: brown eyes filter out harmful UV rays better than blue, helping to prevent uveal melanoma (a form of cancer), which might cause blindness and an early death.

Since there is no demonstrated way in which foot fetishism affects the survivability of the species, it's safe to say that it has no genetic component, and therefore, cannot be passed down from parent to child.

Or, as students of Mendel would say: it's nurture, not nature.

I have a degree in Biology, with emphasis in Genetics, in case you disagree.

gamsky
01-26-2009, 10:33 PM
Don't be so sure Boots...although I agree with you that's it's mostly "nurture". There is a theory that prehistoric man could tell who had walked a certain trail based on scent left behind by another prehistoric man or woman...foot scent that is...which was very strong at that time. Sense of smell served a much bigger function prior to the acquisition of language. I read an article about this once. This certainly would benefit "survivability", as they would know whether it was friend or enemy coming or going. Who snuck up on the campfire last night and stole a bit of wooly mammoth? Of course, it doesn't affect survivability now, and should be bred out...but who knows, maybe within our genetic code there lies some vestigial remnant. Imagine if it were a friendly acquaintance of the prehistoric man, it would've caused a state of arousal (not necessarily just sexual, but simple happy anticipation based on recognition). Maybe some of us still have this primal response genetically coded into us? Just adding my two cents...

ftlaudft
01-27-2009, 12:33 AM
There are interesting ideas in the article "Foot Fetishism" over at Wikipedia. One example is the following: "Neurologist Vilayanur S. Ramachandran proposed that foot fetishism is caused by the feet and genitals occupying adjacent areas of the somatosensory cortex, possibly entailing some neural crosstalk between the two."

Most of us will agree with the suggestion of one of the worthy medical scholars who said people with a foot fetish, no matter what the cause, should simply enjoy it and incorporate it into their sex repertoire, so long as nobody is being hurt. If it doesn't cause a problem, just enjoy it. I'll drink to that!

The idea of neural crosstalk is fascinating. One writer notes the phenomenon of a patient who has lost a limb but is still able to feel the missing limb as though it were touching his face. He then brings up Rama's theory of neural crosstalk as the reason for foot fetishism and discusses people who have experienced foot orgasm.

Foot orgasm! Now there's a concept I would like to see researched!

eskers2001
01-28-2009, 04:54 PM
maybe my father has a foot fetish but in the opposite way.He liked to show off his feet and when I played with them.

Micky2121
01-29-2009, 12:17 AM
It's a very difficult concept to grasp, but I just wish there was more research conducted so we can further understand our fetish.

Now, to Boots. The appendix is widely considered to have no use in the human body, yet homo sapiens that have evolved from their earlier forms still possess it.

The same with our tail bone - I've heard of research where scientists and people alike believe that it was once a lot longer than it is now. But I haven't done any research on that since I was in High School. I'll say that I'm in no position to give ideas on that. :P Although, it does serve the purpose of a connection between muscles, etc.

What I am trying to say is that we still have the internal organ and the bone, even though we have no need for them, or at least we have no need for the appendix. Then again, this is the physical side of things, so I could be completely and utterly wrong. It just really upsets me not knowing what happened to me.

BootsMcGraw
01-29-2009, 09:17 PM
...The appendix is widely considered to have no use in the human body... at least we have no need for the appendix...

It is, if you're reading biology textbooks from thirty years ago. The appendix is part of the lymphatic system, involved in keeping your body free of disease-causing critters.

Two articles to support this:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/10/10/2055374.htm

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v20/i1/appendix.asp

...The same with our tail bone - I've heard of research where scientists and people alike believe that it was once a lot longer than it is now....
Utter nonsense, with absolutely no scientific evidence to back it up. That's just another bit of diatribe from the evolutionists being crammed down people's throats to make them think that man is no more than an 'evolved monkey'. But I digress; this is more the stuff for the 'Off Topic' section of these boards.