PDA

View Full Version : PERSONAL ADS here ??? DO THEY WORK?

culfoxio
12-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Hey friends....just a question -- has anyone been successful lately in e-mailing someone thru the FootBuddies personals?? I am not sure if its me or what, but I never get a response. I am pretty sure I am attractive and have good looking feet, or so I've been told! Anyone else having trouble thru these Personals ??

TigerStudent18
12-10-2010, 09:26 AM
I have email a few but no response, I don't know if the ads are just too old or if the people are even getting them. Would be nice to have a place to meet people into feet. :)

bearfoothunter
12-10-2010, 02:37 PM
this board is for looking at pics, not for meeting.
it isn't you......it is just the way it is.

TigerStudent18
12-10-2010, 07:46 PM
I think he was talking about the Personals section of the site, not necessarily the forum portion.

BootsMcGraw
12-10-2010, 08:25 PM
this board is for looking at pics, not for meeting.....
Not true. While a few of the sections here are for showcasing photos, the Footbuddies Hookups section was set up specifically for those who wish to make contact to meet. It is grossly under-utilized.

Now *why* Culfoxio is not meeting anyone... that's the subject of another post, which I hope to make here, soon. The real sad thing is that at least ninety-nine percent of all people who submit ads don't have a clue how to write an effective personal. I hope to give some pointers in that post.

Footlover4Ever_J
12-10-2010, 10:31 PM
The real sad thing is that at least ninety-nine percent of all people who submit ads don't have a clue how to write an effective personal. I hope to give some pointers in that post.

I love some pointers, having a hard time connecting to footguys too, so any help would be appreciated.

gbmcleod
12-11-2010, 12:08 PM
...and I'm sure it's not my personal, just my geographic area and the mindset of the region. New Englanders are not the most outgoing people (the cold weather does that), so folks are a bit self-absorbed. Aside from that, guys seem skittish about actually meeting. It's just something I notice, not something that bothers me, since I lived in San Francisco for 30 years and it was the complete opposite. If you made a date, the majority of the time, the guy showed up. Of course, that was before the Internet, too. It's just too easy to type "yes" and hit send and then have a mood swing by the time the person responds and make an excuse ("I'm actually kind of tired," "bad day at work," etc.) and then the other party never follows up. There's a hell of a lot more ADD ever since the Internet entered the picture. When someone used to have to compose a letter, enclose a photo, and go out to a mailbox to mail it to you, there was more of an investment. With the Internet, you can do this a hundred times a day with no actual effort - or concern for the feelings of the other person, whom, in all likelihood, you will never see and therefore they're just a cypher.
Still, there are good guys, but MAN, it's like frogs: you have to wade thru many to find a (foot) prince.

tenchichan
12-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Yeah, I think its just a geographical thing. I live in a pretty big metropolitan area and I think I've seen maybe only a handful of ads from people in this area, and that's not much of a selection to go by.

We're a decent sized forum, but we're all pretty spread out.

culfoxio
12-11-2010, 07:26 PM
I am talking about the "PERSONAL" section of FootBuddies -- I respond to some of the ads on the "PERSONAL" tab and I don't know if members ever read them! :-(

In any case, it's Saturday afternoon, just landed from New York City. Back home in San Francisco now.

bobkop
12-12-2010, 02:18 AM
....that the unread private message notification doesn't stand out when you log in. I've forgotten to look at the private messages box for weeks on end, and then one day I notice it has message that are several weeks old. Then I reply and no responses.

Also, some of those personals have got to be years old. There's no creation date on them. It would be nice if they expired after a year and disappeared.

culfoxio
12-12-2010, 09:47 AM
I agree with Bobkop -- the notifications square is really tiny and not noticeable unless
you are really waiting for a message. I have no trouble meeting guys at all, I mostly
use Adam4Adam or Gay.com and have great exchanges online and many times they
pan out to actual hook-ups (remember my friends, that I have a job that takes me all
over the USA constantly - twice a week, 5 or 6 times a month) so I look for guys in big
cities or smaller cities too, such as Grand Rapids, MI Spokane, WA ; Memphis, TN,
Burlington, VT etc... but I also travel overseas for work -- maybe once every 2 months or so and have also hooked up with guys down in the Caribbean, Hawaii, China, Australia and even South Africa not long ago. Of course I try to make sure that the guy is into having his feet worshiped and that I find his feet HOT , his face/body don't have to be that great -- it's the FEET that I look for ! Good Luck to all ! :-)

BootsMcGraw
12-12-2010, 12:17 PM
....that the unread private message notification doesn't stand out when you log in....
You can set your preferences so that you get both an e-mail sent to you when you have a private message, and also to have a window pop up when you log in that tells you that you have a message.

djdevilct
12-13-2010, 12:54 AM
New Englanders are not the most outgoing people (the cold weather does that), so folks are a bit self-absorbed.

Hmm.. I guess compared to the unusually social gay community in SanFran, maybe a city like Boston is more puritanical.. but I haven't had the same "self-absorbed" experience throughout the entire region of New England. In fact I started up a Social Group on this site called New England Feet to help us find participation-minded guys a little easier...

http://www.footbuddies.com/forum/group.php?groupid=4

I hope to put some time and energy into it after the holidays when things slow down some. Any ideas? :) DJ

bobkop
12-13-2010, 01:54 AM
Thanks Boots! I had no idea those options were ever there!

greatlakesbud
12-14-2010, 11:17 AM