PDA

View Full Version : help with photo editing

bearfoothunter
08-31-2010, 07:35 AM
i was lucky enough to have some foot fun recently with a guy who allowed me to take pics of his feet...it was in a dark hotel room, and i have tried a couple of editing tricks with picasa to brighten and 'warm up' the pics......but curious to hear if anyone has a preference on the edited pics or the originals?

Feet~First
08-31-2010, 10:57 AM
Ha! Hey BFH, now I KNOW you don't want my opinion-Lol. Just to let you know, I am forcing myself to read the instructions that came with my digital. (as much as I hate that!) But, my goal is to get it to take 'true' pics, just as they look in real time, and until I do, I am laying low-and when I return, it's gonna be bigger and better than ever! '-)

Feet~First
08-31-2010, 11:06 AM
ironically, most all the pics that I posted (like the pool one that accompanies my sign on) above, were taken with my older cam~ never had a problem with anything with it- but the more options you have, the more difficult it gets. My new cam has too many bells and whistles- so much to learn. The last set of pics (the ones you commented on that came out too shady) were taken with the new cam, and so far I haven't been able to find out why the flash seems to have a mind of it's own, regardless of how I set it. I only got the new cam because it has a much larger view window on the back-but I think I prefer my older one even tho the view window is the size of a postage stamp. I would go back to it, but it's too much of a challenge to learn this new one~ I love a good challenge! Anyway, good luck with yours! FF

BootsMcGraw
08-31-2010, 09:11 PM
...tried a couple of editing tricks with picasa...but curious to hear if anyone has a preference on the edited pics or the originals?
I assume the pics with (2) in their name are the edited photos.

Stick with the originals. The color balance is much closer to natural. By "warming up" the pics (I am guessing by adding red to each color), you make it look like you shot the photos under a cheap, forty-watt light bulb using a Wal-Mart disposable camera.

DISCLAIMER: I am saying this from the point of view of a professional photographer. If you are trying to create an artistic theme using color editing, then my comments above don't apply. When it's art... all the rules can be broken!

akeel
08-31-2010, 11:57 PM
Actually I like the edited better, but it's only because my preference is for tanned/darker skin.