PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty with Account Problem Reporting

drummer
11-19-2008, 12:01 PM
The Webmaster asked people to contact him or one of the moderators, in case the import of accounts was disrupted.

Well, my account "Drummer" was all mixed up.

I wasn't able to send a "private message" to Boots McGraw about it, because his mailbox is full and the board reports that he cannot accept private messages.

I wasn't able to send a "private message" to "Webmaster" (who said to e-mail him), because the board reports he refuses to accept private messages.

Now I think I might have managed to e-mail my beloved WNCMtnFt about this, so maybe at least one moderator will know what's going on, but perhaps I'd better explain it here.

The new board both knows--and does not know--that I have an account:

I cannot log in, with my userid, drummer, and my password;
I cannot find "drummer" in the member list anymore;
The board will send an e-mail with my userid and password to my registered e-mail address if I say that I forgot my password;
I cannot CREATE a fresh account named "drummer" because the board then says that an account by that name exists.

Anyway, if anybody wants to help me fix this situation, let me know.

drummer
11-19-2008, 12:04 PM
There used to be a function which I utilized on each visit, that allowed me to select display a list of posts since my last visit.

I don't see this function anywhere in the revised software for the forums.

Is it still an available function, and if so, where may I find the control for it, when I log in?

FBadmin
11-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Hi Drummer,

I am looking into your account issues now. I will have an answer for your shortly.

Thanks!

FBadmin
11-19-2008, 12:42 PM
I have found a couple different accounts, but I need some info from you. Please email me at webmaster@footbuddies.com and I can help you from there.

Thanks

drummer
11-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Thank you. I can now sign in as myself.

BootsMcGraw
11-21-2008, 11:13 PM
My apologies for being unable to respond. I am having trouble with my own account, including the apparent loss of my responsibility as administrator. And my mailbox was shrunk so that I could neither send nor receive messages. I deleted everything in it, and can now receive messages from anyone who needs help.

FBadmin
11-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Hi Boots,

Sorry, didn't realize you were out of space on the private messages. I bumped you up so you can now store 500. I'm still figuring out some of the features here myself, so hang in there while we get everything figured out.

Thanks!

FBadmin
11-22-2008, 03:34 PM
There used to be a function which I utilized on each visit, that allowed me to select display a list of posts since my last visit.

I don't see this function anywhere in the revised software for the forums.

Is it still an available function, and if so, where may I find the control for it, when I log in?

If you look at the bottom part of the first box of the forum windows, you will see the following: User CP, FAQ Member List Calendar NEW POSTS Search QUICK LINKS Log Out.

Both New Posts and Quick Links have options to find new posts and responses. :)

Have fun!

drummer
11-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Yes, I finally did notice the "New Posts" entry in the list, and that seems to do something similar to the "posts since last visit" option.

Thanks for pointing the way.

TinkBash
11-27-2008, 01:14 AM
Just as did Drummer I've had problems getting back in with my old username and had to create a new one to get in. Boots if you happen to get this please try to work out the kinks so i can sign in with my old designation "tinkbash." Thanks.

FBadmin
11-30-2008, 06:57 PM
As requested, I have merged your accounts so your login is now TinkBash.

Enjoy!

ftlaudft
12-04-2008, 08:03 AM
Thanks to Head Honcho for straightening out the problems I was having after trading in my Internet receiver for a real computer! I was unable to access FootBuddies for a while, so I asked if someone could help. Within just a couple hours it was all taken care of! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!