PDA

View Full Version : The Barefoot Bandit

RickVan999
07-12-2010, 08:15 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/12/world/americas/12barefoot.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=barefoot%20bandit&st=cse

NASSAU, the Bahamas (AP) — The teenager known as the “Barefoot Bandit,” who is suspected of having stolen cars, boats and airplanes to dodge American law enforcement officials, was captured Sunday as he tried to make a water escape. He was then brought here to the capital, handcuffed and shoeless, abruptly ending his two-year life on the lam.

Shale
07-12-2010, 08:49 AM
Cute Boy, nice feet! I wanna be in his cell. Oh well, I'm sure someone in the slammer will appreciate him.

ftlaudft
07-12-2010, 01:08 PM
I don't really approve of his lifestyle, but I think he is making a lovely fashion statement.

Do you think he may start a trend? Maybe if we all promise to leave our piggy banks by our open bedroom windows...with a glass of warm milk and cookies (or vodka and coco puffs, whatever) we might just wind up with more FootBuddies than we ever imagined!

footbare
07-12-2010, 05:23 PM
from the NY Times

"He was dubbed the “Barefoot Bandit” because he was thought to have gone shoeless during some crimes and was once said to have left behind chalk footprints as a calling card."

Hmmm, could he be one of us?

footbare
07-12-2010, 05:41 PM
sorry, he drew chalk feet outlines, id like to see his barefoot prints anyway

drummer
07-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Oh, I'm very happy to find this photo from The New York Times here! I was just thinking, yesterday, when I heard that this youngster had been apprehended, and that when he was, he was barefoot, that I should post a question to see if anybody had found a nice photograph of his feet!

Elsewhere in this thread, someone asked if he might possibly be "one of us," and I suspect that the answer to that is "well, sorta."

As far as I can tell, there's a sort of parallel fetish for going barefoot which is a little bit different from an enthusiasm and sexual excitement connected with the appearance, smell, taste, etc., of feet and footwear, but that it's rather different in quality (although obviously there are also people who enjoy both interests).

My son is a good example: although both he and I enjoy seeing grimy soles on men who have been going barefoot, he also has sexual responses to things that are utterly foreign to me, such as imagining how it feels to walk barefoot in a messy, dirty, wet alley, and feel his bare sole stepping on something with an unknown texture.

That sort of though gives me a creepy feeling, rather than a sexually excited one, but I think it's the sort of thing that people who enjoy going barefoot often find thrilling.

In the case of the "Barefoot Bandit," I think a good part of it has more to do with him enjoying the nickname the reporters gave him, and wanting to live up to the appellation.

Anyway, I'm very glad someone posted the image and a link to the Times article: I was hoping to have a peek at the thief's feet. Perhaps, in the months to come, we'll get a nice sole-shot from some news agency, feet up on a table or something of that sort.

BarefootBuddy
07-14-2010, 01:19 AM
I wonder who'll play him in the movie. You know there's gonna be a movie.

ropedfeet
07-14-2010, 07:12 AM
Good that this idiot is finally where he belongs.