PDA

View Full Version : Size Inflation!

eagle024
07-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Hey guys,

Maybe this has been discussed before on these boards, but am I the only one who notices the blatantly obvious inflation of shoe sizes listed for the models on many of the foot sites? I realize that some of the site operators are members of this board, and I hope this critique is seen as constructive not offensive.

Ok, I am an admitted fan of really big feet, so it kind of bugs me when I see a model advertised as size 12 say, and then you see a shot of the shoe soles that says 10 1/2 or something. At first I thought maybe it was maybe a UK/US size difference thing...but it's clear that's not the issue in most cases. Even without the shoe sole clue, a 1.5-2 size discrepancy is generally pretty easy to notice by sight...

I really appreciate the fine work that many of the sites do, but if I'm gonna pay for a membership, and I know we all have different preferences, but the "merchandise" should be as advertised! ;)

footguy38
07-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Hey guys,

Maybe this has been discussed before on these boards, but am I the only one who notices the blatantly obvious inflation of shoe sizes listed for the models on many of the foot sites? I realize that some of the site operators are members of this board, and I hope this critique is seen as constructive not offensive.

Ok, I am an admitted fan of really big feet, so it kind of bugs me when I see a model advertised as size 12 say, and then you see a shot of the shoe soles that says 10 1/2 or something. At first I thought maybe it was maybe a UK/US size difference thing...but it's clear that's not the issue in most cases. Even without the shoe sole clue, a 1.5-2 size discrepancy is generally pretty easy to notice by sight...

I really appreciate the fine work that many of the sites do, but if I'm gonna pay for a membership, and I know we all have different preferences, but the "merchandise" should be as advertised! ;)

And you think it's any different for cock size, lol? (just sayin'...)

ropedfeet
07-04-2010, 01:40 AM
It's a ridiculous and tiresome obsession.

gbmcleod
07-08-2010, 07:54 AM
....internally.
One can only assume that its thought that ALL footguys think a size 17 is hotter than a size 7. 'Taint so. It's fascinating how the size thing permeates almost ANY fetish: dick, feet, breasts. More is better, right? Which is why we're in the worst recession since the Stone Ages: people needed moooooore. Jeez. Really, really, mature to inflate someone's foot size.

djdevilct
07-08-2010, 10:35 AM
the original question was about inflated foot sizes on models, which i assume refers to professional foot sites that require paid membership or PPV, etc. i haven't come across it but i think it's actually kind of funny if a visible shoe size in a pic is different than the size advertised..! maybe it's a genuine mistake? or maybe the person who writes the captions and descriptions decided that the larger feet get more viewers? it seems like a safe enough scam considering those models are not likely available for in-person examination, so the paying viewers get to JO to their own fantasy.

i've gotten pretty damn good at guessing foot size [thanks to years of studying haha] and i've seen lots of questionable sizing also. the professional model sites don't bother me much since i don't use any of them. but i can't say i've ever seen a real person with a real profile lie about their shoe size. it's kind of an imperfect science anyway considering all the variations on the shape of feet and how they fit into different shoes. in fact i can think of some cases where guys were almost overly specific about being a "size 11 in dress shoes, size 11.5 in sneakers, and sometimes a size 12 in flipflops" !!.. but it illustrates the fine art of "foot size" v. "shoe size". i've been sole-to-sole with some guys whose feet were smaller than my size 13s but sure enough they wore size 13 shoes.. maybe because they like more room for their toes? or maybe it just gets him hot to say they wear a size 13? and what about the way the width of a foot affects the size, when the only shoe width available is a D? i don't know.. and personally the actual number doesn't really matter to me. i agree with Ropedfeet.. it's tiresome and an obsession for sure.

but who's to say what a guy is "allowed" to find hot? what's wrong with a fixation on large feet, simply because they are large? i imagine by now we realize that we can't help certain things about our sexual buttons. some people get all bent out of shape when an attribute they DON'T have is seen as sexy and desirable. i find it healthier and more productive of my time to say "oh ok. well then i guess i'm not a match with that person."

nwdcguy
07-08-2010, 12:22 PM
I agree with eagle024...the lying about footsize on the paysites is ridiculous. Sites say a particular model has size 12 feet when its so obvious that he has a 9 or 10. Feet are proportionate to hand size. You don't see guys with small hands and big feet. Although some people have larger feet than their height, generally a guy with average legs and arms does not have size 12 or 13 feet. These sites should just get taller models.

eagle024
07-08-2010, 02:41 PM
As it's been noted above, we are all interested in different things. I am attracted to men and women who are different from me - different personalities, different complexions, and different shapes and sizes. In the case of men, and in particular their feet, I generally like when they are bigger. Some guys like odor, calluses, high arches...for me, I am drawn to long and sometimes wide!

Now if I was looking at a pair of gnarly 14s or a well-maintained pair of 10s, I'd certainly say the latter was more attractive. But for whatever reason (caveman instincts?), I have a thing for big feet, there I said it! I am not in any way embarrassed about my size 9s, I just am attracted to a look that is different from my own.

Long story short, it's clear that the sites are intentionally "upselling." Call a 10 a 10, a 12 a 12, etc. Sure it's probably harder to find guys in the really big sizes because there's fewer of them out there - so recruit them more aggressively and pay them more, they're worth it! :-D

footguy38
07-08-2010, 04:41 PM
I agree that sites should "tell the truth" - but of course their job is to sell and to make things often sound better than they really are - and as I said previously on this thread, this undoubtedly happens with cock size and other descriptions as well. Not much that can be done about that, I'm afraid.

As for preferences, I too am very turned on by big feet, but I have never turned down a chance to play with a guy because he had smaller feet. For some of us, feet just rock in general, and though double-digit sizes may be extra alluring, I've never met a pair of feet I haven't liked, lol.

Ironically, I feel a bit differently about cock size - though big ones are fun to look at and play with, and the cockiness of a guy who knows he's hung can sometimes be a sexy trait, lol, I actually much prefer guys who are average or smaller. And I have met guys that have big feet and avg/small cocks - which for me, is perfect! ;-)

And yeah, footwear sizes can definitely be misleading. I'm a size 9 foot, but usually wear sneaks/shoes at least a size bigger - it all depends on the feel and the fit. But, as I also have a sneaker fetish, if a guy wears a size 12 sneaker but perhaps only has size 10 feet, that's not a problem for me at all, lol - I'll enjoy his size 10's AND his size 12's...;-)

gbmcleod
07-10-2010, 10:08 AM
actual size..
A person has what he has, no more, no less. It's the inflating part that the original poster was observing.
Lets put it differently: it one was hot for a guy with big feet and someone advertised he has 12s and you met him and he had 8s, I imagine you'd be less than thrilled.
As obsessions go, one is no better or worse than any other (sexually, I mean: other obsessions can be dangerous to the point of lethal), but misrepresenting oneself to lure others in is just dishonest. Don't know too many folks who like that trait (given the plethora of profiles saying , "no phonies, no fakes, no liars" [as if someone is actually going to say he's a phony, fake or liar].
But size is an American obsession more than elsewhere. As someone who was at one time instantly recognizable by someone saying, "The Black Guy with the Big Chest" I can attest to how funny it was to be given a faux title. Plenty of guys seemed to get hot over that (me, I was too used to them to get hot over someone else's big chest: it was just "my chest" to me), and that was fine. Interestingly, my second lover said he wasn't really a chest man even when he met me, but he changed over the decades we were together and eventually found it extremely arousing.
Sexy feet are sexy feet to me, and yet I understand the size thing. It's sex: can't be regulated or rationialized why we like what we like. It's the part where someone lies (especially on a pay site, where photographing a foot up close will make them look bigger than they are, especially if the shot is taken close up, and the rest of the body recedes into the distance, the same way train tracks get smaller as you look farther away) that is unfortunate.
Like what you like, but don't lie about what you are is the foundation of the main post. I agree.