PDA

View Full Version : Notification received from a Paul Knorr?

danny1979
04-27-2010, 11:42 PM
Is this a joke? he states that he will delete my account?

I want to know..is this individual part of the administration for the website?

Freyr
04-28-2010, 12:46 AM
I'm NOT an administrator or a moderator for this site, but that msg. sounds very suspicious to me. Try reading the msg, "Message from BANNED member" in the "OFF TOPIC FORUM" and then directly send an email or private msg. to any of the admins or mods here.

Just my two cents.

yours with bare feet, Peter

Is this a joke? he states that he will delete my account?

I want to know..is this individual part of the administration for the website?

vegasguy
04-28-2010, 03:22 AM
I received the same thing:

Dear, vegasguy;hotguy;FreshFeet222;jackboot;feetpit!

Spam sending from your computer was detected.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://remove-trojans.webcindario.com/online-scanner/
If you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).

----------------------------------------------------
Forum Administration www.footbuddies.com
Forward Message

When I clicked on his name, I saw that he was banned. Just another goofball I guess?

alexandre
04-28-2010, 07:06 PM
I also received the same message, from this "Banned Guy". And, it's "NOT" the first time that he sent this message, except that it was under another name.

If it doesn't stop, than I plan on deleting myself from this site, as I don't need anyone setting up "Spyware" or "virus's" on my computer.

I'm getting sick of these phoney, fictious messages.

BootsMcGraw
04-28-2010, 08:54 PM
...I'm getting sick of these phoney, fictious messages.
My advice is to ignore those messages. Do not act on them. And certainly do not leave us!

There is nothing we moderators can do, short of watching the message boards 24/7, that will prevent spammers and other malicious types from joining this site and sending you phony e-mails before they get banned.

I would hope that the membership here is mature enough to know that if someone you don't know tells you to do something, you DON'T DO IT!

If you don't act on a strange request or demand, you have nothing to fear. No one can harm you without your permission.

No one from Footbuddies will ever send you a message of "importance" through any medium other than your e-mail. If you ever have any doubts about a message you receive, please contact me or one the other moderators for advice.

Footlover28
10-21-2010, 05:33 AM
My advice is to just delete those messages. Don't worry or be angry.

This board is by far the best you can find online. So please don't leave.
The board will just stay alive with us, the members!

BootsMcGraw
10-21-2010, 09:32 PM
My advice is to just delete those messages....
We seem to have another wave of spammers hit the boards. Since I and the other moderators are all in roughly the same time zones, we can't patrol the boards 24/7. Most of these spammers are from eastern European and Asian countries, who post while we're asleep.

As I stated in the sticky note at the top of this forum, NO ONE from Footbuddies: member, moderator, or admin will EVER send you a private message of that sort.

If you didn't do anything wrong, why would you think someone you don't know would try to punish you for an act you didn't do?