PDA

View Full Version : Two Bare Feet: feel free to sing along!

ftlaudft
04-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Katie Melua has a cute song on her CD "'The Katie Melua Collection." The lyrics go like this;

Dancing cat and dancing mouse,
Down behind the Hyatt House
You don't need no food to eat,
All you need is two bare feet

Clock-house cuckoos drinking wine,
Racing through those traffic signs
But walking out on Lazy Street

Two, two, two bare feet
Two, two, two bare feet

Crocodiles of sun-soaked kids
In sexy sandals, heaven forbid.
For kisses good enough to eat

Two, two, two bare feet
Two, two, two bare feet

This song is used by tracksmoke in his post titled "'Foot Fetish."' See it on YouTube if you get a chance. Tracksmoke has nice feet.

I just noticed that a month ago someone also posted on YouTube "'Katie Melua - The Making Of Two Bare Feet."' It's a fun video to watch, although the foot shots are fast and fleeting.

This song could serve as our anthem. Now if somebody could design a flag... What about a sexy banner with a big bare footprint on it? Then I'll translate one of the verses of the FootBuddies Anthem into Spanish and maybe we could coax Ricky Martin to sing it and lead an Out of the Shoebox March on Washington! Ya gotta dream big!

ftlaudft
04-12-2010, 04:47 PM
When I think of an Out-of-the-Shoebox March, I just become so overcome by the powerful emotions! But such a march needs a stirring song of social protest and I'm afraid Katie Melua's song, which I dearly love, may lack the passionate rousing solemnity we need. So I decided to compose my own lyrics. Here's the first attempt.

Anthem for a FootBuddies' Out-of-the-Shoebox March on well, whatever city seems to need marching on.

Tune: My Country, 'Tis of Thee

FootBuddies, drop your shoes!
Put down that glass of booze!
Come, join the throng!
Though Greece, Spain, Italy
may treat us shittily,
sing proud, sing prettily
our foot pride song!

Well, as I said, it's a first attempt.

whyche
04-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Nice Swing song

ftlaudft
04-12-2010, 06:36 PM
¡Gracias! By the way, who was Nemo? (Just kidding! I know it means "Nobody messes with me!")