PDA

View Full Version : Continuation of "New Yorker" cartoon elsewhere...

10-19-2008, 10:05 AM
Follow up: Whatever! :P

ftlaudft
10-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Very good, Tink! Now, as you were saying, you believe (1) Senator Obama is cruel to babies; (2) his wife Michelle is unpatriotic; and (3) anyone who wants to help the poor or keep people from losing their homes and disagrees with your party's plan is a Communist! Hmmm! Did you ever hear of Jesus? Oh, and for points 1 and 2, did you ever hear the old saying "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor"? Was it the archaic "thou" and "thy" that threw you off?

What about supports for your comments or any documentation? Too difficult to find? Why am I not surprised?

There has been such a concerted effort to spread doubt about Obama's citizenship and religion. What is truly dirty and mean-spirited is the attempt to plant seeds of doubt in the minds of the undecided voters. Nothing has to be proven. But the hope is that the undecided voter will have a shadow of doubt and then vote for McCain. Thank God for sites like fightthe smears.com that provide documentation for these concerns.

There are good Republicans. Broward Republican Chairman Chip LaMarca is one of them. He is the one who tore down the ugly sign posted by Richard Driskill, a sign which linked Obama to Hitler, Stalin, Marx and Mussolini. While Driskill defends the sign, LaMarca confirmed he told Driskill the party "can't have you working in the office if you don't understand what's wrong with it."

I'm proud to call LaMarca a fellow American, even though we belong to different parties. But I do wonder about the McCain and Palin supporters I see in places like Scranton, Pa., supporters screaming "Traitor!", "Kill them!" I hope the undecided voters see the hate and the prejudice in their faces and voices. Who would want to be part of such gangs of rabble-rousers?

Thank you for your colorful posts, Tink. And by all means keep posting! Every time you attack Obama and Michelle I'm sure at least ten undecided voters make up their minds and run out to support Obama! Keep up the good work!

Head2Foot
10-19-2008, 05:17 PM
The thing that is so sleazy about McCain's campaign -- besides the obvious inciting (by Palin and others) of his supporters to be really hateful, ugly, and dangerous -- is that McCain demands that Obama explain one of McCain's mis-truths (taxes, fines, past associations, faith), and then when Obama does, McCain rejects the explanation and goes right on spreading the falsities.

This is sort of what Tinkbash did -- demanded Obama's birth certificate, and when presented with it, rejected it as being phony because the media hasn't made an issue of it. Doesn't he realize that if there were any truth to the assertion that Obama doesn't legally qualify to be president because of where he was born (Hawaii), the media would be all over it. Obama has been well-vetted over the past few years, as has McCain who was born in Panama.

I guess I could be as dismissive as Tink by saying, "Whatever!"

:roll:

10-21-2008, 02:11 AM
:wink: Whatever!

ftlaudft
10-21-2008, 07:57 AM
During the final weeks before the elections we can expect the smear campaigns to intensify. As Head2Foot points out, presenting documented proof does not satisfy the doers of dirty tactics. They may not be bright but they are crafty. They're not looking for truth. They're looking for any means possible to plant doubt in the minds of the undecided.

A very sobering fact for all of us is the fact that we live in the age of nuclear weapons. The man who has the power to push the button must be a man of wisdom and steadiness. Obama is calm, cool, even professorial. He is young, agile, energetic. He thinks quickly but never rashly. His opponent is an older man with the reputation for temper tantrums. Temper tantrums! Which one do you want to be sitting in the room with the buttons?

Colin Powell says it all when he explains he decided to vote for Obama because Obama is a transformational person with one essential quality the president must have: steadiness!

Vote early!

11-03-2008, 05:49 AM
The "birth certificate" posted here allegedly that for Barack Obams is a fake generated by computer in 2007. It lacks essential information normally included on legitimate birth certificates. Senator Obama please provide us with a genuine birth certificate so we can get your legitimacy out of limbo. Thanks. :wink:

ftlaudft
11-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Free speech is not the right to libel. Free speech gives no one the right to slander. To spread a lie, knowing that it's a lie, for political gain is criminal.

Look in the rearview mirror! Look at the war and the economy! Can an old man, the bottom of his class, a part of the problem we see in the rearview mirror - can this old-timer and Bush supporter give us anything other than more of the same?

And God forbid anything should happen to him! Who would replace him? Sarah Palin! Will she be any smarter now that the exorcist in her church pulled the demons out from her hair?

Think Obama! Obama! Only Obama!

Head2Foot
11-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Tinkbash, I don't suppose this will make any difference to you, but check out this site regarding Obama's birth certificate:

http://www.kitv.com/politics/17860890/detail.html?rss=hon&psp=news

8)

ftlaudft
11-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Oh, what a beautiful morning! We have a new President and a new hope! In God we trusted! And He gave us Obama!

Head2Foot
11-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Hooray!

:D