PDA

View Full Version : DRM Protection

wncMTNfoot
09-12-2008, 10:34 AM
I took a membership to RandyBlue.com last month and downloaded some video's that I really thought was HOT!

I noticed that you had to obtain a license to watch the flick. In my mind the downloaded license would allow me to view the flicks on my computer only any time that I wanted to even after my subscription ended. WELL... guess I was wrong. When my membership expired so did my ability to view the WMV files. I feel extremely robbed. I paid for them. I thought the protection would be just to keep my downloaded files from being distributed to other computers and would be fine on my own.

I plan to boycot any website that allows this to happen. It's just not worth it in my book.

I enjoy a membership to a different site atleast once a month. The poor man can't afford to keep an open membership to most places all the time. Guess I'll learn where I'll need to steer clear.

(this is my personal opinion *not as moderator)

Rodney

09-12-2008, 08:44 PM
You might want to check out various programs designed to get around DRM, or to re-record the videos:

http://undrm.info/remove-DRM-protection/

I don't know enough about DRM to be able to help you remove
protection, but if you send me one of your disabled videos on Rapidshare or Mediafire or Sendspace or one of those things, I'll look into it when I have a chance.

Choose one you found very hot--chances are, I will too. :twisted:

flickfire
09-14-2008, 11:36 AM
I think some websites that use DRM are starting to cut back on it because of other people registering the same complaints as you did W. I think it's kind of a stingy way to run a website anyway.