PDA

View Full Version : Problem: Can't delete a personal ad

sar
08-19-2009, 10:15 PM
Hi all, has anyone else had this problem?
I put up a personal ad about 4 years ago that is still up, but now when I go to the 'personals' link to delete it, it says "It looks like you have not created a personal. Would you like to create on now?" It seems like maybe when there were changes made in the footbuddies site, the connection between my account and this ad got broken, so I can't get access to delete it, and I really want it gone. I've tried writing to the moderator three times with no response, and am considering what other action to take. Thanks!

BootsMcGraw
08-19-2009, 10:54 PM
Hi all, has anyone else had this problem?... I've tried writing to the moderator three times with no response....
Howdy.

I am one of the moderators here; and this is the first time I've heard from you.

The moderators of the message boards don't have any ability to affect the content of the web site, including the ads.

Have you written to "webmaster", who is a member of these boards? He can probably help you.

FootDevotee
08-20-2009, 02:51 PM
I've had the same problem with an outdated ad I want to remove.

I'll check Webmaster as you suggest.

sar
08-23-2009, 04:35 AM
Hi Boots,
Thanks for your response -- I used the 'contact us' link at the bottom of the page to send a note to the forum administrator, but haven't heard back. Is the forum administrator the same as the webmaster, or is the webmaster somebody else, and if so, what's his email address or how do I contact him? Thanks a lot!

BootsMcGraw
08-23-2009, 09:03 PM
...the forum administrator the same as the webmaster, or is the webmaster somebody else, and if so, what's his email address or how do I contact him?...
Honestly, I don't know who's who, nor do I have any e-mail addresses. You've already approached this solution one correct way. Have you also sent a private message to "webmaster"?

sar
09-09-2009, 02:28 AM
Hi Boots,
I sent a message to the webmaster but haven't heard back. As a moderator, is there anything else you can do to try to contact the people who manage the site? I would really appreciate it.