PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know of any good Joan Crawford or Bette Davis films

cheesehead
07-27-2009, 10:20 AM
I was wondering if anyone here is into classics and knows of any good Bette Davis or Joan Crawford films?
I have seen All About Eve starring Bette Davis and loved it as well as What Ever Happened To Baby Jane starring both actresses but I was wondering if anyone could make any suggestions of some more movies I could watch starring either one of these actresses.
I have just recently become a fan of classic movies and unfortunately am clueless as to what other movies are out there starring these two giants of classic films.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ftlaudft
07-27-2009, 01:08 PM
My very favorite Bette Davis movie is "The Letter,"' based on the novel by Somerset Maugham. You can get a new copy of it over at amazon.com for only $5.95. It's worth the price just to see the shadow of Gale Sondergaard, the Chinese wife of Bette Davis's lover, as her shadow appears on the strings of beads in the doorway. The Chinese wife has the incriminating letter which could convict Bette Davis of murder. What a picture! It's one of the best!

vegasguy
07-29-2009, 03:17 AM
Now Voyager, is an excellent film starring Bette Davis. She plays a dowager spinster, under the iron rule of her mother, who finally decides enough is enough. It can get sappy, but it's great. Also Hush, Hush Sweet Sweet Charlotte was excellent. Along with Bette Davis was Olivia Dehavilland and Agnes Moorehead (Endora of Bewitched fame).

vegasguy
07-29-2009, 03:18 AM
OH, I forgot about Joan Crawford. Her biggest and best film was Mildred Pierce!

TinkBash
07-29-2009, 08:09 PM
I saw "Mildred" too and thought highly of it.