PDA

View Full Version : Rant?

Serph789
08-15-2014, 01:46 PM
:(:mad::(...........

ftlaudft
08-16-2014, 06:30 AM
Serph, I see you deleted your post written yesterday , a post in which you expressed your frustration and depression over the anti-gay attitudes you've encountered. I was impressed because those are feelings that many of us here, perhaps most of us, have also felt. And that's why we appreciate this site, FootBuddies.com, where we can come together as a community and share our feelings and experiences. This site has become a living room for us, like the bar in "Cheers"' where everybody knows your name and everybody's glad you came.

Many of us here have told intimate details of how we have progressed on the long journey from being alone as a gay person or a person with a fetish and how we have overcome the depression at being in a minority. Our feelings of being alone have changed into feelings of pride that we belong to a substantial community of diverse individuals with something to say, something to do and something to contribute to the world around us. And we're profoundly grateful to a site like FootBuddies that allows us to become the rich community we are.

In many parts of the world people are put into jail and even put to death just for being gay. Think of Uganda and Iran. Here in the US being gay used to be a crime that could get you years in jail. But today you can go freely to a gay bar, a gay community center, join in a gay pride event, and even get yourself a dude to be legally partnered with. We've got a lot to celebrate.

Yes, the homophobes are still out there. But we can support the groups like Haman Rights, Lambda Legal and the National Gay and Lesbian Task Forse who need our time and our money to keep on fighting for justice.

If we're depressed or lonely, we can go a a community center and join a class in meditatiion, yoga, aerobics, physical fitness, line dancing, and keep ourselves in shape physically and mentally.

And we can vote! Find out which candidate supports what and let your voice and vote count.

Serph, I hope you'll come back and tell us how you're doing. This is your community. We're the lucky ones!

Serph789
08-16-2014, 02:25 PM
Thank you ftlaudft I appreciate your kind words. I did not feel this platform was appropriate for my thoughts and words nor did I expect any form of feedback or support so I did what I did. I still truly appreciate what you had to offer, its hard because sometimes I doubt the gay community is all that supporting. Whatever, that's life and I just have to life with whatever comes my way. Peace.