PDA

View Full Version : New Footbuddies look/design

aso49red
04-03-2014, 09:03 PM
What do we think of the new Footbuddies look so far?

FBadmin
04-03-2014, 09:21 PM
Please keep in mind this is a work in progress... be patient... good things are coming :)

tenchichan
04-04-2014, 02:30 AM
The shiny effect on some of the buttons makes the white text hard to read.

MaleFeet4u
04-04-2014, 06:07 AM
thanks to the FB-Team! Much appreciated ;)

footmonster
04-04-2014, 08:00 AM
I think it's beautiful -- can't wait til it's all finished!!!

akeel
04-04-2014, 09:36 AM
It was time for a change. But am I missing how to post pics? There is a 'Reply to Thread" button, but that only takes me to "quick reply"; under 'go advanced' is the option for posting attachments, but is there a quicker way of doing it?

nickyfr
04-04-2014, 11:44 AM
hi ! Thanks for the good job
According to me, there's just one thing missing : the font color change of the links (numbers) of the pages already visited, that was pretty useful :)
thx for your concern about that ;)

SnowFanatic
04-04-2014, 12:39 PM
It's awesome. It will take time to get used to it but I love the change. Nice job.

mewlovesfeet
04-04-2014, 12:45 PM
I like it but the search bar doesn't work.

FBadmin
04-04-2014, 01:34 PM
We're still working on ironing out a lot of the bugs... but we're getting a lot of new stuff done, too. And I'm happy to say that NEW USER REGISTRATION IS WORKING AGAIN! So tell your foot friends to come and sign up! :-)

FBadmin
04-04-2014, 01:34 PM
I like it but the search bar doesn't work.

Thanks for the note. Adding this to the To Do List!

FBadmin
04-04-2014, 01:38 PM
It was time for a change. But am I missing how to post pics? There is a 'Reply to Thread" button, but that only takes me to "quick reply"; under 'go advanced' is the option for posting attachments, but is there a quicker way of doing it?

Taking a look at this. When I click on "Reply to Thread" at the bottom of the page, the attachment options are present. If I just use the quick "reply" or "reply with Quote" then they're not. I'll see if something can be done about that. Some of the enhancements and the admin control panel are just as new to me, so it might take a little time, but rest assured it's being worked on.

BootsMcGraw
04-06-2014, 02:05 PM
... Some of the enhancements and the admin control panel are just as new to me, so it might take a little time....
Same goes for me. The navigation is different, as well as some of the moderation functions. Bear with us, as we conquer the learning curve.

And a HUGE "Thank you!" to the management for this upgrade.

FBadmin
04-06-2014, 02:10 PM
No problem at all. Will try and get the search fixed. Have a few ideas what might be the issue.

Also will be installing a wiki as per member requests.

mewlovesfeet
04-06-2014, 03:49 PM
Would it be possible to search for posts as well as threads?

FBadmin
04-06-2014, 05:10 PM
I think it should be working now... give it a try. And I think it should search everything... forums, blogs, articles... everything on the site...

wncMTNfoot
04-07-2014, 09:03 PM
Nice fresh look. Good job guys!!

luv tobottom
04-08-2014, 10:14 AM
Thanks for correcting the NEW USER REGISTRATiION. I changed my email address around 2010 and couldn't access footbuddies again up until now. So many threads I couldn't view. I am very grateful.

MaleFeetParty
04-08-2014, 11:50 AM
I love the new look!

tenchichan
05-04-2014, 04:58 PM
Search by post still doesn't seem to be working. When you run a search, it only shows you the thread, it doesn't show you which posts that keyword shows up on. So on a big thread like the celeb or video capture thread, it's basically useless.

Or am I just not using it right? I've tried fiddling with some different advanced features, but it only ever shows the entire thread, it never gives me the option to find a post. I've clicked on "Posts" in the Search Types field but it only shows me the entire thread.

To be honest, I'm kind of frustrated with this update. I feel like there's a lot of unnecessary features and the ease of navigation has been sacrificed. I'd go back to the old style in a heartbeat if it meant I could easily view this forum and find stuff again.

FBadmin
05-04-2014, 05:30 PM
I'm still learning the new system just as you are, so I feel your pain. Trust me. The problem with the old system is that it was no longer supported and no longer secure, so there is no going back.

As I'm figuring out what does what exactly, I'm sure things will get worked out. I'll add this to the list of issues to research.

Thanks for your support!

FootBuddies

footmonster
05-04-2014, 05:52 PM
Search by post still doesn't seem to be working. When you run a search, it only shows you the thread, it doesn't show you which posts that keyword shows up on. So on a big thread like the celeb or video capture thread, it's basically useless.

Or am I just not using it right? I've tried fiddling with some different advanced features, but it only ever shows the entire thread, it never gives me the option to find a post. I've clicked on "Posts" in the Search Types field but it only shows me the entire thread.

To be honest, I'm kind of frustrated with this update. I feel like there's a lot of unnecessary features and the ease of navigation has been sacrificed. I'd go back to the old style in a heartbeat if it meant I could easily view this forum and find stuff again.
The search bar doesn't give you specific posts, but "search this thread" does. It is located right below the chat bar.

tiedfeetguy
05-04-2014, 06:22 PM
In terms of color schemes, I like this blue/teal one much better than the red/orange one.

FBadmin
05-04-2014, 07:58 PM
In terms of color schemes, I like this blue/teal one much better than the red/orange one.

We're going to have several different color schemes when the new design is ready. That way, you'll be able to choose which one you like best ;-)