PDA

View Full Version : Before Digital cameras...

wncMTNfoot
11-20-2013, 10:53 AM
I was digging up bones back in my basement storage and come across allot of video tapes from my past and decided to try and transfer them to digital.
Before digital cameras back in the early 90's I bought myself a super8 mm Sony camcorder. I soon realized that I could use this to take myself video of guy's feet at a local park here in the mountains called "Sliding Rock." Lots of guys playing here with their feet flying up in the air. The observation decks had a lot of guys propping on the deck rails. I could just sit the camera down behind them and their restless feet would put on a "foot show."
This had become what my computer is today to admire feet. I even bought a 32 inch TV to view my collections on to get a more "life size" view of the feet.

Well I recently learned that converting them to digital really doesn't do a great job being that the old analogue quality was so poor. The best I can do is dub them over to DVD with my dual deck VCR/DVR. None the less it is really fun looking back on what was, and appreciating what we have now. I only shared these videos with my first foot friend in Florida. I really enjoyed his reaction and comments and sharing what guys we liked best. Of course back then I could remember each one and their feet vividly! Hahaha.

I guess I can now consider those video tapes as my "Vintage" collection of days gone by.

flickfire
11-20-2013, 11:45 PM
Maybe you should put some of your DVD's on sale. If the quality is good, there might be a number of people interested in buying them. Just a suggestion.