PDA

View Full Version : Some rock; some suck. Some do both!

ftlaudft
06-19-2009, 12:40 PM
Vampires, that is! There seems to be a bloodsucker renaissance going on, judging from the ghoulish goings-on we see on TV and in the movies. Robert Pattinson was truly gorgeous in "Twilight"' and now we have a new HBO drama coming up, "'True Blood,"' according to the June 26 issue of Entertainment Weekly. The cast members continue Pattinson's trend of hunky undead desirables.

I can't figure out just what is so appealing about what vampires do. They bite necks and drink blood. I admit Robert Pattinson has a nice neck, but I think I'd rather bite his ass if I had my druthers. And sucking blood? Here again we have the classic opposition of two great sources of contentment: blood and toejam. Since I stand firmly with the toejammers, as opposed to the bloodbibbers, I can only regret these sexy gentlemen never learned the joy of toesucking. It's a great failure of our education system. These beautiful vamps are out chewing necks instead of shrimping simply because they never learned to rock and suck in the right places. It's probably your fault, ya know! You may have let a few get by just because you didn't grab a sock, a shoe, a fistful of foot fast enough.

If you get a copy of this issue of Entertaiinment Weekly June26/July 3, do check out the picture of Ryan Reynolds on pages 38,39. He's flying through the air wearing only his levis and his bare feet look delicious. Who can think about necks with feet like that flying in your face?

fructis
06-19-2009, 01:49 PM
True Blood is already out

I know Iv seen the first season ( starting again soon ) Im so bad with keeping up with series thats why I watch them all online.

True blood is a real vampire story but that Twilling (whatever they call it) is the worst thing to ever come out since godzilla. They effed up what a real vampire story should be. Another disney crap if you ask me.

For a real "teen" vampire movie FORGET Twilling. Go rent or buy the german movie "Let the right one in" Now thats whats up.

Vampires are very sexy lol something about the fact that if they fall in love with you YOU BETTER believe they wont leave you alone and it does help that most of them look sexy.

But if we take it from "Let the right one in" being a vampire is not that glam.

ftlaudft
06-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks for your info about "True Blood,"' Fructis. I don't subscribe to HBO and didn't know. On your recommendation I ordered a copy of "'Let the Right One in"' from the good people at Amazon.com For a really entertaining German version of the Dracula story, I'd recommend the Klaus Kinski "'Nosferatu"" from 1979. It's Werner Herzog at his best.

Just what is it about vampires and American Gothic in general that attracts us so? There certainly is a strong rush of sensual feeling in the poetry of Edgar Allen Poe and in many works of the supernatural and the darker side of our being. Who doesn't get a kick out of the cartoons of Charles Adams, the admittedly less than brilliant series of "'Dante's Cove"' and yesterday's "'Dark Shadows"'? The film "'Twilight"' had some beautiful photography going for it and of course there was that lovely star Robert Pattinson. I have to confess I was taken in by him. He was lusted over by thousands of American female teenagers - and at least one dirty old Footbuddy!

ftlaudft
06-23-2009, 11:29 PM
I just watched a DVD of "'Let the Right One In"', the film which Fructis recommended. He's not the only one who thinks it's a great film. Guillermo del Toro calls it "'A chilling fairy tale. As delicate, haunting and poetic a film as you're ever bound to see."' Newsweek calls it "'a vampire tale like no other. Mesmerizing!"' It's all that and more.

The Ryan Reynolds pic, barefoot and flying through the air, is now posted in the Picture Post thanks to Justjaron. I mentioned it in the last paragraph of my first post in this thread. If the vampires don't turn you on, Ryan's bare feet will!

fructis
06-25-2009, 03:37 PM
Did you enjoy "let the right one in" ?

Now we all know vampires are smelly lol.

I remember being turned on by Keanu Reeves in the movie Dracula. (now I own that movie and it cant get any better)

I wonder if the movie with Pitt is any good.

ftlaudft
06-26-2009, 01:09 PM
Yes, Fructis, I thoroughly enjoyed "'Let the Right One In"' and I completely agree with Guillermo del Toro's evaluation of the picture as "chilling, haunting, poetic."' I watched in the original Swedish (with English titles) and the DVD also offers the option of a dubbed in English version. Those Swedes are just a barrel of fun!

You mention the Dracula picture with Keanu Reeves. "Bram Stoker's Dracula"' was an outstanding film by Coppola. It was a beautiful production, just breathtaking visually. Keanu Reeves got bumped off early in the picture but I remember the dream sequence in which he was being molested by those nasty vampire girls who were fondling him. In that hallucination or fantasy he was briefly barefoot. The scene was very brief. And he was very barefoot. It left quite an impression.

There was another vampire picture or a made for TV film from about that time that left quite an impression, but I can't remember any of the important details. I remember only that the actor was Rufus Sewell and that in the final moments of the film a vampire finally got blood from biting the side of Rufus Sewell's very bare foot. Of all the details that's all that remains in my memory of the picture. Does that surprise anyone?