PDA

View Full Version : Real-Life Newsmakers

footmonster
08-08-2013, 01:11 PM
Graham Jebb - soccer player who couldn't find shoes large enough to play 4 years ago;
Henry McDonald - flew bombers and raced stock cars barefoot until his death in 2008;
Josh Lauritch - Director of Brand Management at Warner Music Group;
Lars Steinar Smedsrud - took his daughter on a 9-hour barefoot tour of Besseggen, Norway;
Mauricio "Moe" Morales - AKA "Barefoot Moe", a Canadian devotee of "La Vida Descalzo" (story here: http://m.theglobeandmail.com/life/health-and-fitness/no-shoes-no-problem/article4279876/?service=mobile)

footmonster
08-08-2013, 05:19 PM
As founding partner of The New Hypnotists and Hypnosis.com and practicing hypnotherapist for over 13 years, Tellman Knudson specializes in wealth-building self-hypnosis for clients.

In 2009 Tellman made his first attempt at running across America barefoot, completing 564 miles and raising over $300,000 for homeless youth in the United States.

A master of internet and email marketing since 2006, today Tellman uses his legendary marketing skills to help other hypnotists build their practices.

footmonster
08-08-2013, 05:36 PM
In 2011, participants in the 2nd Annual New York City Barefoot Run gathered for this wonderful shot:

footmonster
08-09-2013, 05:43 PM
From July 2nd to August 2nd 2010, Gerry Duffy and Ken Whitelaw completed a full marathon of 26.2 miles every single day. During the 32 days they ran a marathon in every county in Ireland. Along the way over 1,100 runners joined them for a half or a full marathon and over ?500,000 was raised for Irish Autism Action and The Irish Cancer Society.

footmonster
08-09-2013, 05:47 PM
California runners Efrem Rensi, left, and Noah Elhardt were featured in a 2007 Sacramento Bee story on barefoot running:

footmonster
08-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Jessiah Krasner also prefers the barefoot way: "I guess being barefoot is just more comfortable, and I kind of like being different. Being barefoot makes me feel; I can longboard faster, and I can run faster.

footmonster
08-13-2013, 10:59 AM
Seen in this photo is Glenn Courson, who hiked the entire Barefoot Mailman route from Palm Beach to Miami in South Florida in 1958. He told Miami Herald Staff Writer Ronald York frightening tales of sidewalks, snapping dogs (four-legged kind), rusty hotel groins, patchy oil scum washed ashore from ships - and hundreds of disease-carrying mosquitoes from the Florida swamps:

footmonster
08-19-2013, 10:48 AM
Ben Backstrom - 18-yr old Backstrom was voted PrepXtras soccer player of the year:
Casey Cochran - founder of the Green Guide Network:
Christian Peterson - president of the Minnesota chapter of the Barefoot Runners Society:
Donald Frazier - barefoot running blogger:
Simon Jilley - After injuring himself last year running the Bath Half Marathon in the wrong shoes, the 23-year-old Bath Spa University student ran 13 miles through the city barefoot:

aso49red
08-20-2013, 08:35 AM
Glenn Greenwald with partner David Michael Miranda-Greenwald is the Guardian reporter who broke the Edward Snowden NSA spying story

footmonster
08-20-2013, 08:38 AM
Glenn Greenwald with partner David Michael Miranda-Greenwald is the Guardian reporter who broke the Edward Snowden NSA spying story
Great! Thanx for contributing!!!

aso49red
08-20-2013, 08:53 AM
Great! Thanx for contributing!!!

U R Welcome!

floridason
08-20-2013, 09:31 AM
Great idea for a posting, thanks Footmonster! :-)

Now if we could only find Steve Kornacki from Salon/MSNBC or Chris Lemon from CNN.

juice
08-20-2013, 09:46 AM

Now if we could only find Steve Kornacki from Salon/MSNBC or Chris Lemon from CNN.

I agree Floridason this is a geat Thread ... I would love to see That Tall very handsome "Craigslist Killer" feet but he's dead now and the sexy yet still very handsome John Tess feet , former host of Entertainment Tonight ... I've searched the NET but came up empty ... I'll keep looking though !

footmonster
08-20-2013, 10:26 AM
Back in April, Robert Cole allegedly tried to break into the home of Denay Houston and her husband. The homeowner found Cole, hogtied him, and left him barefoot on the lawn for police:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wBb1Lq_diE

footmonster
08-20-2013, 10:30 AM

I agree Floridason this is a geat Thread ... I would love to see That Tall very handsome "Craigslist Killer" feet but he's dead now and the sexy yet still very handsome John Tess feet , former host of Entertainment Tonight ... I've searched the NET but came up empty ... I'll keep looking though !

Thanx guys - I hope others will contribute to making this thread grow!!!:rolleyes:

floridason
08-20-2013, 10:30 AM
Juice, several years ago I connected through LAX going to Hawaii. John, his wife, Connie Selleca and their kids were waiting to board the flight. He is much better looking in person than on TV but sadly he was wearing shoes! :-(

footmonster
08-20-2013, 10:31 AM
In 2006, Army private Steven D. Green was arrested on charges of raping an Iraqi woman and killing her and three family members about 20 miles south of Baghdad. While ultimately spared the death penalty, he will instead serve a life sentence:

juice
08-22-2013, 11:53 AM
Juice, several years ago I connected through LAX going to Hawaii. John, his wife, Connie Selleca and their kids were waiting to board the flight. He is much better looking in person than on TV but sadly he was wearing shoes! :-(

I know ... how sad ! lol ... I've seen lots of pics of John Tesh in casual attire but in All of them he had his feet covered ! He's in his 60's Tall & still sexy as Hell !!!

footmonster
10-06-2013, 11:02 AM
UK boat builder Stuart Hughes, 35, took part in the Great Manchester Run barefoot to raise money for the Wooden Canal Boat Society. "I often walk home from work without my shoes, it's just so much better for your body to go barefoot":

footmonster
10-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Joseph Michael Kai-Tsu Liu aims to run across two continents barefoot while raising money for education. He left his native Montreal, Canada on July 2nd and plans to complete his mission in Tierra del Fuego, Argentina in 2015:

Serph789
10-06-2013, 05:34 PM
In 2006, Army private Steven D. Green was arrested on charges of raping an Iraqi woman and killing her and three family members about 20 miles south of Baghdad. While ultimately spared the death penalty, he will instead serve a life sentence:

woohoo let's all drool over a rapist!

http://images.wikia.com/vampirediaries/images/9/96/Jensen_Ackles_uhh_wtf.gif

footmonster
10-06-2013, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=Serph789;79244]woohoo let's all drool over a rapist!

Drooling not required - but if you want to...

TiCkleD aWay
10-06-2013, 06:03 PM

it looks like one of those troll dolls
http://images3.makefive.com/images/experiences/life/five-fads-you-took-part-in/troll-doll-7.jpg

Serph789
10-06-2013, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE=Serph789;79244]woohoo let's all drool over a rapist!

Drooling not required - but if you want to...

http://i.minus.com/ibho3fYNmDDq4w.gif

footmonster
10-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Colorado Air National Guard 1st Lt. Colin Greenwood cleans an open wound on a homeless man's foot on the north shore of Oahu on March 17. Hawaii's high cost of living often makes it difficult for the state's indigent to get regular health care.

aso49red
11-28-2013, 08:38 AM
29 Ryan Ferguson was just freed from prision after spending nearly a decade in prison for a murder for which he did not commit after the friend who testified against him recanted his testimony and an appeals court overturned his conviction.

http://www.huffpost.com/us/entry/4266193/

aso49red
05-07-2014, 09:37 AM
Chris Sevier was accused of stalking country singer John Rich of the duo Big and Rich.Chris Sevier has also filed a lawsuit for the right to marry his laptop.

aso49red
05-15-2014, 09:31 PM
College student Reese Werkhoven along with his roommates found $41,000 in their used couch and returned the money to the rightful owner.

footmonster
05-16-2014, 06:29 AM
College student Reese Werkhoven along with his roommates found $41,000 in their used couch and returned the money to the rightful owner.
Vedddddy interesting!

tenchichan
05-17-2014, 01:20 AM

haha, I saw this news article earlier and clicked on it because the guy in the picture looked like he might be barefoot. I'm glad I'm not the only one :)

Footlover28
05-30-2014, 06:42 AM
The 26yo guy is in the Guinness Book Of World records for walking barefoot through Germany in round about 95 days. He has shoe size 16.5!

footmonster
05-30-2014, 09:18 AM
The 26yo guy is in the Guinness Book Of World records for walking barefoot through Germany in round about 95 days. He has shoe size 16.5!
He's a cutie -- did you , by any chance, "cum" across him in your day-to-day affairs?;)

Footlover28
05-30-2014, 11:48 AM
He's a cutie -- did you , by any chance, "cum" across him in your day-to-day affairs?;)

Unfortunately, I never met him in real life...:( I stumbled upon him while googling around...and I'm pretty amazed 'bout his big, big feet!

aso49red
06-27-2014, 04:39 AM
Jason DaSilva documentary filmmaker who at the age of 25 was diagnosed M.S. and began documenting his struggle with the disease over the years and gradual loss of motor functions in the film When I Walk.

aso49red
07-14-2014, 05:55 AM
A wedding photo from groom Tyler Foster who was trying to do a toe touch but accidentally kicks one of the bridesmaids in the face and splits his pants has gone viral with over six million views on Reddit after he posted.

aso49red
08-13-2014, 09:58 AM
Andres Amador renowned sand artist who art has been featured on various news programs.

aso49red
10-31-2014, 05:42 PM
Josh Brandon is claiming to be the highest paid sex worker in the U.K. making around ?4,00($6,399) a night or around ?360,000 a year which is more than what the British PM makes and prides himself on his twinkish and slightly androgynous looks.Brandon says he wants to reform being a sex worker into a legitimate business.

aso49red
11-27-2014, 09:41 PM
Passenger shaming is new trend going around that intends to shame air passengers who engage in inappropriate behavior on the airplane(ex. such as loud singing,placing one's feet on top of another person's seat or going barefoot) by taking pictures of the offender and placing them on social media.

footmonster
11-28-2014, 08:32 AM
Passenger shaming is new trend going around that intends to shame air passengers who engage in inappropriate behavior on the airplane(ex. such as loud singing,placing one's feet on top of another person's seat or going barefoot) by taking pictures of the offender and placing them on social media.
I was just about to do this same story!!!

aso49red
11-28-2014, 10:57 AM
More passenger shaming

aso49red
12-08-2014, 04:03 AM
Riley Goodman and Jake Director starting as seniors in high school created a sock company called Strideline and now seniors in college their company has become popular with celebrities wearing their socks.

aso49red
01-19-2015, 02:57 AM
Michigan State University professor Danny Guthrie calls it art.
The 65-year-old associate professor has been photographing himself with former and current students who are typically 40 years his junior, and oftentimes with young women who are exposing most of their bodies and sometimes male students.Mr Guthrie, who has been part of MSU?s faculty for 13 years, has been under recent scrutiny over pictures some are calling ?obscene? and oppressive to women.In 2011 the controversy came to ahead and the professor retired in 2012.

aso49red
02-12-2015, 06:51 AM
American born actor Odin Biron who stars on popular Russian tv show Interns publicly came out as gay in New York Magazine has caused controversy in Russia,Biron's co-star Ivan Okhlobystin(a homophobic actor who's infamous comments were that "all gay people should be put into an oven and burned alive") was said to be very upset and banging his head against the wall upon learning the news that his co-star was gay and several orthodox organizations have said that they would be willing to help "cure" Mr. Biron.According to Odin his reasons for coming out and possibly jeopardize his career and safety was to help change people's minds.Odin does say he has a backup plan of moving back to his home state and starting a culinary career should he be fired from the show.

footmonster
02-12-2015, 10:26 AM
American born actor Odin Biron who stars on popular Russian tv show Interns publicly came out as gay in New York Magazine has caused controversy in Russia,Biron's co-star Ivan Okhlobystin(a homophobic actor who's infamous comments were that "all gay people should be put into an oven and burned alive") was said to be very upset and banging his head against the wall upon learning the news that his co-star was gay and several orthodox organizations have said that they would be willing to help "cure" Mr. Biron.According to Odin his reasons for coming out and possibly jeopardize his career and safety was to help change people's minds.Odin does say he has a backup plan of moving back to his home state and starting a culinary career should he be fired from the show.
Great story, thanx!!!

aso49red
03-12-2015, 05:17 PM
Fashion critic and tv host Rodner Figueroa was fired from Univision on Wednesday after making a racist remark on air about FLOTUS Michelle Obama comparing her to the "Planet of The Apes".Figueroa has since penned an open letter to the First Lady apologizing for his statements and says he's not a racist.

aso49red
03-28-2015, 09:17 PM
Pietro Boselli who worked as a math lecturer and teaching assistant at UCL until 2014 was discovered to also be a successful top model by one of his students who then immediately posted this revelation to Facebook followed by other students posting pics of the math lecturer/model.

aso49red
04-16-2015, 02:53 AM
Transmale vlogger Aydian Dowling is in the running for the cover of Men's Health and could become the first transmale to appear on the cover of Men's Health magazine.

Aydian Dowling (http://postimg.org/gallery/32i7zk3o0/95970f7b/)

aso49red
04-19-2015, 03:59 AM
Thorsten Mid and his boyfriend Naparuj Mond Kaendi became internet viral sensations after a picture of the couple was circulated around social media.(pic 1)

aso49red
04-23-2015, 05:45 PM
Thahir Mohammed Sayyed a part-time model and fashion designer and the sole entrant for India in Mr Gay World and the only entrant from Asia has dropped out of the competition and gone into hiding after receiving threats to himself and his family.

aso49red
05-09-2015, 01:13 AM
Chris Birch(person to the right) a former rugby player and banker made news a couple of years back when he publicly revealed his story of how he went from straight and engaged to his girlfriend to gay after jumping off a cliff suffering a broken neck then had a stroke and Chris says the stroke is what changed him.After waking up from the stroke Chris quit his job,lost interest sports,ended his engagement to his girlfriend,found a boyfriend and became a hairdresser.Chris says he still suffers from mini strokes.

http://www. telegraph .co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/9209758/Rugby-player-says-he-is-happier-since-stroke-turned-him-gay.html

aso49red
05-26-2015, 03:32 AM
Omar Borkan Al Gala a fashion photographer, actor and poet made news a couple years ago when Saudi Arabian officials refused him entry into the kingdom because he was deemed "too handsome'.

aso49red
07-28-2015, 01:37 AM
Andrew Hawryluk made news appearing shows such as The Today Show and Inside Edition for maintaining his body despite eating at Chipotle everyday for the past 6 months and now has been casually referred to as the Chipotle Guy.

aso49red
08-22-2015, 09:28 PM
Popular Prince Nicholas of Romania was recently stripped of his titles and privileges by his grandfather King Michael. King Michael stated that the throne should be led by someone who "modest, well-balanced and with moral principles". There is a rumor that the reason Prince Nicholas might have been stripped of his titles is because he might be gay.

aso49red
10-23-2015, 03:06 PM
British born American silver medalist Olympic skier Gus Kenworthy who gained fame in the Sochi winter Olympics for his skiing and for adopting several of the city's stray dogs along with other fellow Olympians has just recently come recently come out publicly as gay.