PDA

View Full Version : Why are people posting pics?

dctickler
07-05-2013, 06:48 AM
Why are people posting pics when they can't be opened? Do people know something I don't know or is it just my computer?

kidpunch
07-05-2013, 07:32 AM
I have the same problem

juice
07-05-2013, 08:07 AM
Why are people posting pics when they can't be opened? Do people know something I don't know or is it just my computer?

No it's not just your computer dctickler ! lol Because on the main FOOTBUDDIES BOARD a Thread have already been started about the problem and the webmaster have been notified as well . The problem started at the start of the Holiday weekend so the webmaster might be away however when he returns i'm sure he'll take care of the problem as before . Seems like only a few members posted pics ... perhaps they didn't know about the problem prior to posting ! But now with your comments hopefully they'll see that there is a problem and stop posting until the situation is resolved .

Footish
07-05-2013, 01:01 PM
I thought it was my computer too.

dctickler
07-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Thanks Juice for the explanation! And thanks Footish, it's good to know that I'm not the only one who thought that!

BootsMcGraw
07-07-2013, 08:21 PM
Gentlemen,

I have forwarded your concerns on the Management of the web site and message boards.

Sit tight. I was on vacation until today. I am certain the site owners are still away but will return, soon.

kclr4141
07-08-2013, 12:29 AM
This happened about a year or so ago. The moderators will fix it.

Freyr
07-08-2013, 01:45 AM
Thanks for the update, Boots! It's good to know you're back on the job.

Gentlemen,

I have forwarded your concerns on the Management of the web site and message boards.

Sit tight. I was on vacation until today. I am certain the site owners are still away but will return, soon.

brettyboy
07-08-2013, 08:16 AM
I just got back from vacation too and thought I had 2 weeks worth of pics to enjoy!!

BootsMcGraw
07-18-2013, 09:14 PM
Howdy to all.

Still no word from the site owners on the progress towards a solution. I am exploring alternate means of contact with them.

In the meantime, anyone wishing to post photos here has an alternate way to do so. I always post photos using this alternative, inline method.

Please follow the directions posted on this thread:

http://www.footbuddies.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16242 (http://www.footbuddies.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16242)

Thank you for your continued support and patience.

jefframsey
07-19-2013, 12:22 AM
I sincerely hope that the lack of action we've seen to address this problem is not a signal that the end is near for this Picture Post section of the Forum...

alanalt
07-19-2013, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the update, Boots - even hearing 'no news' is better than not hearing anything at all.

BootsMcGraw
07-23-2013, 09:36 PM
Esteemed members:

To date, I have not heard from the majority owner of the site. I have contacted one of the other owners, who has informed me that he is now unable to log into the admin area of the site, and has not received any response for help from the majority owner.

Ya-scroo! is preventing me from logging into my account unless I give them permission to read all my e-mails and do whatever they want with them. They can bite my lily-white ass. Please stand by as I try to find a new e-mail client (ALL the free ones I've found demand the right to read your e-mails), and then make one last-ditch effort to get some attention paid to the photo display problem.

jefframsey
07-24-2013, 01:20 AM
Thanks for all your efforts, Boots. It is sincerely appreciated!

brettyboy
07-24-2013, 01:18 PM
Thanks for all your efforts, Boots. It is sincerely appreciated!

I'll second that!

BootsMcGraw
08-02-2013, 06:16 PM
Esteemed Members,

It appears Management has resolved whatever glitch was disrupting your viewing pleasure. Many thanks to them for their hard work, and many more to those of you who displayed saintly patience while we were without a solution.

As an aside, my Ya-scroo email account is now closed, and I found a new e-mail provider who doesn't share my e-mails with the NSA. If you need to contact me, you can do so through the private messaging function of these message boards, or via my new e-mail address in my signature, below.