PDA

View Full Version : Tickling scene question???

bridgesandrew96
05-29-2009, 09:15 AM
Was there ever a film where some gnome tickled the soles of Anthony Michael Hall (or perhaps some other dude), for stealing something magical? Curious about this.

Also, does anyone remember a scene on the Muppet Show where Kermit dragged some dude down and started tickling him because he made Kermit angry? That disturbed me for quite some time.

BootsMcGraw
05-29-2009, 10:49 AM
...does anyone remember a scene on the Muppet Show where Kermit dragged some dude down and started tickling him because he made Kermit angry?...

You may have this memory confused with something else.

This scene you are probably talking about occurred in the early 70's, soon after Sesame Street debuted on public television.

A barefoot, barelegged, adult male possessed the feet in question. Kermit gave young viewers an anatomy lesson, concentrating on the feet, describing what they were capable of doing. After a lengthy demonstration of walking, running, and jumping, the seemingly unattached limbs came to rest on the green one's flipper.

Kermit was unable to pull out from under the weight, and couldn't convince the legs to move. He commented to the viewers, "And there's something that feet ARE...!", as he began frantically tickling the bare feet, yelling some form of "TICKLETICLETICKLETICKLE!!!!!!!!" The very tender feet quickly moved away, and the frog was freed.

bridgesandrew96
05-29-2009, 11:26 AM
ok...

maybe I dreamed it, I don't know. Do you know anything about the "gnome tickling"?

jonk
05-30-2009, 12:45 AM
Years ago I also heard of a 'gnome' tickling scene in a movie, but I've never actually found it. I wonder if this (and several others) was a 'wishful thinking' scene that turned into 'I've heard its out there.' Sort of like a tickling urban legend.

I've collected info on tickling in mainstream movies for quite some time, and I once talked to a guy who told me several movies he'd seen that had lengthy tickling scenes in them. I was awed and amazed, as I had never come across them, but was eager to run to the video store and find them. My first red flag should have been that he couldn't remember the title to any of them - just who was in the movie and what the scene entailed. I searched and searched - I even put up a note at my work looking for them, but came up empty on all accounts. Eventually I was talking to someone else (a big movie buff) and when I described the scenes, he said each of the movies existed, but there was no tickling in any of them. The guy had just seen a scene in a movie that could have lent to tickling and then fantasized that it had happened! I suppose if he told enough people, they chatted it around long enough, it would eventually seem like a fact.

Anyway, long explanation to say that perhaps there is no gnome-tickling movie, just something someone wished for that has come to be thought of as fact.

Jonk