PDA

View Full Version : Doing an activity to satisfy a fetish?

TheWolf9
04-25-2012, 09:41 PM
Howdy, I have a question; would you do an extra activity (and pay money for it) to satisfy a fetish? For example, I have a fetish for split-toe tabi boots and these are worn in the martial art of bujinkan. Would it be wrong for me to train in the martial art so I can wear tabis with other tabi-wearing people? Or for those with a foot fetish like I do, train in karate so you can see bare feet or stuff like that.

So, what are your thoughts? Would you join an extra activity to satisfy a fetish?

tenchichan
04-25-2012, 10:22 PM
I think it's harmless enough. People do crazy things they're not necessarily into all the time for sexual reasons. I mean, is paying for a fetish hobby really any different then spending your weekends in the club, hoping to get laid? The only difference I see is that you're being honest and upfront with your reasoning for doing so.

My only advice would be to keep in mind that your reason for doing a hobby isn't the same as everyone else's. The majority of the people are there to learn a skill, so expect to put in the same hard work as everyone else. You may find after a few sessions that you're not getting out what you're putting in, which is fine, but just know that before you join up, especially if it's not something you can easily get out of once you join.

And of course, be respectful of others. Don't get me wrong, look and lust to your heart's content, just don't make anyone uncomfortable while you're doing so. Don't let your "hobby" spoil their hobby.

TheWolf9
04-25-2012, 10:49 PM
I think it's harmless enough. People do crazy things they're not necessarily into all the time for sexual reasons. I mean, is paying for a fetish hobby really any different then spending your weekends in the club, hoping to get laid? The only difference I see is that you're being honest and upfront with your reasoning for doing so.

My only advice would be to keep in mind that your reason for doing a hobby isn't the same as everyone else's. The majority of the people are there to learn a skill, so expect to put in the same hard work as everyone else. You may find after a few sessions that you're not getting out what you're putting in, which is fine, but just know that before you join up, especially if it's not something you can easily get out of once you join.

And of course, be respectful of others. Don't get me wrong, look and lust to your heart's content, just don't make anyone uncomfortable while you're doing so. Don't let your "hobby" spoil their hobby.

I'm mostly worried I wouldn't be able to concentrate. I would do my best to concentrate, but it's still something that's in the back of my mind.

tenchichan
04-26-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm mostly worried I wouldn't be able to concentrate. I would do my best to concentrate, but it's still something that's in the back of my mind.

I know what you mean! I'd probably be the same way. I could also see how that'd be an issue when the hobby you're doing is something where you could potentially be injured if you're not paying attention.

My advice would be to kind of regulate some time for your fetish and some time to stay focused. Like before class and after class, while people are changing, practicing and stretching would be a good time to look at feet. Give yourself time to indulge so that it's easier to concentrate when you need to do that.

You could always ask to sit in on a session. Tell the instructor you're interested, but you want to know more before you make a commitment. That way you can just stare at feet the whole time without worrying and then if the class does seem like something that would be too difficult for you to take without losing control, you have an easy exit strategy. I'm sure most martial arts places would be happy to accommodate.

Bobo
04-27-2012, 11:53 AM
I agree with Technician. If you are truly into the sport for the "sport's sake" then go for it. I think the thrill and extra testosterone boost might even make you train harder. For example, I go to a gym which is full of eye-candy, but I am able to concentrate; the "atmosphere", a semi in my sweaty jock, and sweaty feet in trainers and barefoot all around me along with mine is a big bonus!

Bobo.