PDA

View Full Version : A tribute to James - R.I.P

MyStr8M8sFeet
01-20-2012, 04:39 PM
I know James from MyStr8M8sFeet had a few fans on the footbuddies forums so I felt I should let you all know that I was contacted by his family today saying he has sadly passed away.

They have requested that his pics be removed from the site which is unfortunate because in my opinion he'd want the complete opposite. He thrived on being in front of the camera and relished all the attention he got but in honour of his families request he has been removed from MyStr8M8sFeet with immediate effect. I didn't want him to simply vanish without an explanation so this post is my way of bidding him farewell and letting you all know why he is no longer on the site

A sad loss. R.I.P James.

http://www.mystr8m8sfeet.com/home.htm

hitdabassline
01-20-2012, 06:50 PM
wow. that's sad. how did he die?... if u don't mind me asking.

Shale
01-20-2012, 06:53 PM
I assume those pix displayed on your site had an accompanying Model Release. IDK how his family knew the pix were there unless they went thru his computer and found links, but if there was a model release and he was proud of those excellent feet in those well shot fotos, then I would not take them down for a 'family' request.

I don't know all the comm you got from the family or the incidentals involved here, but I know a lot of my 'family' would object to my own stuff out on the Web, most of it hidden under the name Shale. But they have no right to request anyone stop displaying my pix that are embarrassing to them, but not to me.

http://www.footbuddies.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=17&pictureid=98

MyStr8M8sFeet
01-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Hi Shale. I did have doubts as to whether the request was genuine but it was from his personal email address that I have received communication from before and was a very heartfelt message from his brother saying it had caused the family some distress knowing he had appeared on the site. I'm assuming they discovered it through having access to his email.

And yes, you're right, I do legally have the right to keep his stuff online but on this occasion I did it out of respect. If of course I discover it is some sort of sick joke then it will be a different matter. But I think anyone joking about such a thing would be a truly horrendous human being and can't imagine anybody would.

achillesheelart
01-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Wow, that is incredibly sad. He was a very handsome, masculine man.

bmf2001
01-21-2012, 03:14 AM
I don't know that Shale meant to imply it was a joke, but that his family, finding out about his modeling after his passing, may be acting on a misguided (or perhaps even selfish) desire to cover-up a "shameful" part of his life (shameful by the family's definition, not James'). But of course without knowing for sure, you're right, the respectful thing to do is remove the photos. I hope his passing was painless and my thoughts are with his loved ones.

Shale, if I completely missed the point of your post, I apologize. Also, with a body and feet like yours it would be shameful NOT to share it with the world. I certainly appreciate it. :-)

peterlondon
01-21-2012, 03:25 AM
sad,you did the right thing to take the pics down though i think.
respect the views of the living at their time of loss, and our world is still quite underground so it might have unsetteled them a bit, rightly or wrongly, it was decent of you to acknowledge this request

vegasguy
01-21-2012, 05:20 AM
I have to agree with Shale. If James was a paid model and signed a release, then nobody can force a website to remove content. Sad loss though. He was very handsome.

dctickler
01-21-2012, 08:54 AM
There is a difference between legally right and morally right. I vote for morally right.

wncMTNfoot
01-23-2012, 09:38 PM
How respectful to honor their wishes. I'm sure it give them some closure they needed. May they see that gay people have morals and care about others feelings too. It was a good deed.
Thanks for sharing this with us. He was a beautiful man.

hiker
01-25-2012, 05:42 PM
Just a beautiful, handsome, sexy man! Such a sad loss :(

nicesoles
01-25-2012, 06:54 PM
My thoughts are with his friends and family.