PDA

View Full Version : I missed my chance to have some foot fun

TheWolf9
10-03-2011, 12:17 AM
Greetings all.

The other day, I was working the night shift at my job near Walmart. As I was leaving, I saw a Mexican-looking guy waiting by the bus stop. He might have been a drifter or something because he had a backback with him and I saw him enter Walmart several times while I was working (I think he was washing himself in the bathroom). When I got off work, I saw him sitting by the bus stop reading a book. His socks and shoes were off and I could see his bare, tanned feet.

I desperately wanted to go over there and strike a conversation with the guy and if I was lucky maybe offer a foot rub for him. However, I got scared because my job was really close to this place and I'm sure someone would see me.

So ultimately, I walked by him and to my car without even saying anything. And I've never seen him again.

I'm kicking myself for doing this.

Footman2
10-04-2011, 02:55 AM
Hey TheWolf9 I'm 1/4 mexican, I'll let you rub my feet!LOL Seriously, I'm sorry that happened. I'll bet it was depressing. I know I would be. Thats happened with me before. Wished I had struck up a conversation or did this or did that or said this or said that. Regrets are never good. Missed opportunities. I think it happens to all of us at one time or another. Fortunately, sometimes life gives us second chances and sometimes a third! So dont be sad, another opportunity will come along. Maybe not with the same person but with someone else. Good luck next time!

akeel
10-04-2011, 03:30 AM
Always remember how you feel with this, because next time the opportunity comes up, remembering that regret will motivate you to grab it instead of finding all sorts of reasons not to.

Chalk it up as a life lesson, my friend. There will be another opportunity that will present itself.

ropedfeet
10-04-2011, 08:27 AM
And keep in mind that the guy might have looked at you like you were crazy and told you to buzz off. Or worse.

Don't worry too much about a situation that had No guarantee that it would have turned out like you wanted it to.

Franz
10-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Ropie is right on this matter. There are and can be no guarantees in this life. Just because a guy appeals to us doesn't necessarily mean that we can rope him in. That is why it's so important to use your judgment--plus listen to your intuition or "inner voice"--when trying to decide whether to actively pursue a man or not. Being practical minded, it is extremely difficult to "read" another man based solely on your having looked at him. Manifestly one must talk to a man and observe him before assuming that you can nail him (in effect, just because you'd like to). Don't obsess over this "lost opportunity". There will be plenty of others.

alexandre
10-04-2011, 01:50 PM
I too, totally agree with "Ropie"

Though the guy was hot to you, remember this........he was a total stranger to you, and God only knows what diseases he could of had. As well, if you had approached him, he could have done harm to you, or worse.

It's always best to hook up with guys that we either already know, or are getting to know. Strangers are in the "red area", especially with all the diseases which are rampid today.

flickfire
10-05-2011, 04:55 PM
I think Roped is right on this one too, Wolf. Sometimes it's just better to err on the side of
caution rather than to try to make something happen (especially with a stranger) that you
might regret. You did the right thing by walking away. Besides, what's more important, your
job security (especially in this economy), or spending a few awkward moments with a stranger's feet?

dctickler
10-05-2011, 07:40 PM
I hate to say it but the guy and situation you described is where I am usually very successful. Terrible, I know. I don't think it would have hurt to talk to him over something to eat. Can get I good feel for people this way. I know it's not 100 per cent safe, but so far so good.

TheWolf9
10-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Doesn't Bubbafeet have some experience with this?

BootsMcGraw
10-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Doesn't Bubbafeet have some experience with this?
Some experience with... what? Meeting up with a stranger?

TheWolf9
10-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Some experience with... what? Meeting up with a stranger?

Yes. On your site, I see the profiles of the different men and it says they were hitchhiking and needed money or stuff like that.

BootsMcGraw
10-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Yes. On your site, I see the profiles of the different men and it says they were hitchhiking and needed money or stuff like that.
Okay, here's my official take on strangers and their feet.

Rule 1: The world is not out to get you. Don't get so paranoid trying to protect yourself that you grind to a dead halt. The "don't talk to strangers" speech your parents gave you while growing up, if taken literally, will guarantee you a life of loneliness. Everyone is a stranger, the first time you meet them!

That being said...

Rule 2: If you're gonna play out on the streets, you'd better have street smarts. It's the stupid, the careless, the light-hearted that are the victims of the horror stories you've undoubtedly heard.

-----

The guidelines I use when searching for models for my site are more or less the same I would use when first meeting a person I would like to get to know better.

To start, I look for some common ground as an entry point to conversation. It's easy with hitchhikers, because in this case, it's our travel and the direction we're going.

Once common ground is established, use the conversation to increase the comfort level and trust between each other. Listen carefully to what he's saying, and watch for any red flags. If you're paying attention, and you've landed yourself a psycho, you should realize this within the first five minutes of meeting. If you hear something that just ain't right, use this time to opt out of your pursuit and keep your losses to a minimum.

If you've determined that the man you're with is above-board, you can gradually turn the conversation in the direction you want it to go. DO NOT EVER abruptly change the subject and start talking about his feet. There are many ways to segue into that topic; it's up to you to figure out how best to do that in your particular situation.

The moment your talk turns to feet, you had better double the attention you give to his responses. If you hear the slightest negativity, steer the conversation in another direction and immediately abandon your quest. Choose the best way to end your meeting, naturally.

Additionally, do not give the impression that your "thing for feet" is dirty, unnatural, shameful, or in any way a bad thing. If you don't appear totally comfortable with your desires, how do you expect a stranger to turn on to them?

If your man is responsive to your foot-talk, continue to move the conversation towards your specific goal, until you are sure that he's either open to your ideas, or not. If you've determined he would be into whatever you are hinting at, it will then be time to pop the question: "Can I do your feet?"

-----

I wish you much luck. Remember: play hard, play fair, play safe!

ftlaudft
10-07-2011, 07:41 AM
I know there's no perfect plan for our conduct in a random encounter. But these guidelines are without doubt the very best I've seen anywhere. I hope you can leave them up somewhere on the site so people can come back, re-read and think. It's so true, we can live like hermits if we choose. But if we leave our caves and go out into the jungle, we'd better learn how to pick the bananas.

Footlover4Ever_J
10-07-2011, 07:22 PM
About high time I've gotten some guidelines on how to meet guys and into feet. I've had my lion's share of bad situations, particularly last night -- letting my desires get the best of me when money exchange comes to play.

I feel the meeting people and developing conversations is key as well, but you're right about being careful and not get so carried away. I have been burned many times in the past, to the point that I just give up almost entirely -- there are some that want the money instead.

Man, it can be a rough road to tread sometimes.

ropedfeet
10-07-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm all for getting out and meeting people. In fact I think most people don't do enough of it these days. But if you are going to go hunting then how you do and where you do it makes a big difference.

If you see a guy you like at a bar where men go to meet each other things are very different of course than if you see a guy at a bus stop.

My remarks earlier on this thread not about being afraid to meet people, or about diseases. My comment was about being careful about who you talk to, under what circumstances, and where and how you do it and why.

Taking a less "conventional" approach to meeting up with prospective playmates who are strangers to you has to be done with caution and a good gut feeling about being able to read people, as Scooter so well put it in his last post here. Again I am saying that if your "end goal" is about more than just talking to someone you don't know then it becomes more than just getting out there and "meeting people".

Keep in mind too that there are quite a few good actors out there who may have designs on you too, for totally different reasons.

What Scooter describes takes a good deal of finesse, and having been around the block a few times is a definite asset, I would even go so far as to say it is a requirement.

And if you talk to the wrong person in the wrong way at the wrong time about it you can definitely open yourself up to more than you bargained for. There are people out there just waiting for any reason to kick someone's ass.

Also I may be in the minority about this, but I for one do not think that a guy with his feet out of his shoes is automatically signaling that he is looking for that type of action...same goes for a guy wearing flip flops or even foot jewelry.

Am I saying to be paranoid of strangers? No, I'm not. Am I saying be wary of approaching guys that you know nothing about in "unconventional settings" when you have other things on your mind, then I would say yes.

BootsMcGraw
10-07-2011, 10:39 PM
...My comment was about being careful about who you talk to, under what circumstances, and where and how you do it and why....
Yes. I don't just walk up to the first stranger I see, and hit on him. If I see someone I want to know better, I observe him, as well as the surroundings. I do a mental calculation of the risks I see. If the risks appear high, I move on. If I determine the risks are low, I start my pursuit.

...What Scooter describes takes a good deal of finesse, and having been around the block a few times is a definite asset, I would even go so far as to say it is a requirement....
I should have prefaced my treatise with "Don't try this at home... for professionals, only". But you are right. It's literally taken me a lifetime of trial and error to develop my sixth sense for strangers. I am not recommending my approach to anyone. No warranty is implied or expressed. Caveat emptor.

...I for one do not think that a guy with his feet out of his shoes is automatically signaling that he is looking for that type of action....
I can vouch for that. With the record-breaking streak of one hundred degree plus days we had in Dallas this summer, there was a rash of construction workers pulling off their boots, and sometimes their socks, at the noon hour. I can't tell you how many accidents I almost had with my truck, from rubbernecking. But I can tell you that they were simply cooling off, not showing off.

And I have yet to figure out a good way to meet one of these unshod construction workers on site. Always being with workmates, there is no such thing as "one" construction worker, and no good opportunity to talk to one, alone. And there is no good way to start a conversation with one, without it appearing forced and with ulterior motives (which it is). So working over on-site construction workers remains a thing of fantasy.

...But if we leave our caves and go out into the jungle, we'd better learn how to pick the bananas.

Picking bananas. Heh. Freud is whirling like a dervish in his grave. But then, sometimes a banana is just a banana.

And thank you for the kudos.