PDA

View Full Version : Sad day

dragonfly
09-07-2011, 11:23 PM
A sad day for folks like us.

Travellers will soon be able to keep their shoes on when going through airport security. As big as a hassle as it was, it was also a nice opportunity for foot fans like us to spot some cute socked/barefoot guys. As nice as the beach is I love seeing a barefoot guy in jeans and there just aren't a lot of opportunities to see that in daily life.

Checking out feet was the one thing that made going through security bearable these days.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/gulliver/2011/09/shoes-and-airport-security

dragonfly

imported_tickleme
09-08-2011, 01:21 AM
I was just at the airport the other day and went through a security check. I was wearing my five finger odd shoes ( they're comfortable ) and have to take them off to pass through. The guy ahead of me was wearing a toms slipon and have to take off his as well. For some odd reason our eyes met and we both "sensed" that we're both checking out each others feet. I gave a shy smile and he return the gesture. He has nice arches,pink heels and toes and you can tell his feet are slightly sweaty...should we end up sitting right next to each other on the plane who knows what could have happen.haha.

ropedfeet
09-08-2011, 02:13 PM
I think that at least in the summer months you'll still see tons of guys wearing flips when they travel. Some guys live in them, and since we live in such a casual society that will continue to happen. I usually wear boots, both lace up and pull on, so for me it will be a lot easier lol.

but yeah, it was fun while it lasted.

Bobo
09-08-2011, 06:34 PM
I willingly take my shoes off at airport security (wearing no socks) Even though the security people tell me it's not necessary. And it is still hot, even here in Northern Ontario. A few more weeks of sandal/teva/flip-flop weather. Buck-up my friend ;)