PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother

vegasguy
04-22-2009, 09:07 PM
Why is it, that every time a topic gets a little heated, some idiot moderator closes it? What? Is big brother watching? What happened to freedome of speech. I hate that about this board. I'm done.........................bye!! Delete my account, which I have asked in the past, but nobody has.

BootsMcGraw
04-22-2009, 09:26 PM
Why is it, that every time a topic gets a little heated, some idiot moderator closes it?...
This is a private forum; and, as such, in this private setting, there is no such thing as "freedom of speech". Do I have the right to come into your home and talk trash in front of you and your guests? Of course not! I must respect the rules of your house, or my conversations will be shut down. If I continue being disrespectful, I will be forcibly removed from your home. It works the same way here, pal.

To be a member of Footbuddies, you must adhere to the guidelines set out by the site owner (which is not me). Footbuddies is supposed to be a safe haven where all can post their thoughts without fear of retribution. If I see someone violating that tenet, I have been empowered by the site owner to do whatever necessary to make things right; and, yes, that includes locking topics, censoring posts, and banning members.

Don't like that? Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Delete your own account. We won't miss you.

And I don't appreciate the insult.

taffer
04-23-2009, 02:40 AM
I'm done.........................bye!! Delete my account, which I have asked in the past, but nobody has.
If you've asked someone to delete it in the past, then why are you still here?

I don't know how to delete your own account, but there's no need to do it anyway.
If you don't want to use the website, just stay away. Eventually, everyone will forget about you, and it'll be the same as deleting it.

It also has the added bonus of completely eliminating the need for dramatic public exits followed by the urge to keep coming back to see how people have responded to them.

Fight the urge.

fructis
05-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Lord have mercy!

Anyways I can understand the frustration of the topic starter, ( not from this board) but I was in another board and as soon as things go a little heated the topic was deleted.

It gets frustrating at times cuz I think having a healthy heated convo can be fun and could make people change their mind and what not...

But I never had a problem with this board :)

Maybe a moderator could created a new section on this forum called RANT where all the peeps could blow up some steam.

Just saying :)

BootsMcGraw
05-02-2009, 02:58 PM
...Maybe a moderator could created a new section on this forum called RANT where all the peeps could blow up some steam[?]...
Well... we do have the "Off Topic" section, which is as likely a place for it as not.

But before anyone thinks "cool... now I can flame on", I suggest first going to craigslist.org (http://www.craigslist.org) and perusing their "Rants and Raves" section. Any "rant" topic quickly degrades into a childish, name-calling fiasco; and the net result is that everyone gets pissed off... except for the troll who set the flame bait.

I'd rather not see ranting on these message boards, unless done in a constructive manner. Bitching for the sake of bitching does no one good.