PDA

View Full Version : The original Feet.TV is back!

TheWolf9
05-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Under a new name: FootGuys:

http://www.footguys.net/

As you can clearly see, the groups, site layout, pictures, etc. Are all exactly like Feet TV.

Footlover28
05-12-2011, 05:32 AM
but it's not free anymore (I noticed that reading the terms)

iluvfeet12
05-12-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm guessing the paid part will be for a premium-type membership. It only mentions account upgrade.

footodor
05-12-2011, 11:26 AM
I just signed up and it was free. It does appear to be the old feet.tv or very close to it anyway.

princess
05-12-2011, 08:30 PM
I think those are just general and not site-specific terms and conditions. I have seen nothing about paying for anything or even anything about upgrading accounts on the site. And I searched high and low.

cheesehead
05-14-2011, 08:42 PM
I just finished checking out the site and I must say that this version of Feet.Tv is way better than any of it's previous incarnations. It's just like the original Feet.Tv but is fast and you don't have to pay, also from what I've seen there are no more annoying private profiles.
This version, although under a different name is what we all hoped Feet.Tv would evolve into. I guess Pharoah finally wised up.

flickfire
05-15-2011, 10:15 AM
I just signed up with the site today. As far as I could tell, there was no charge
for anything. That site looks almost as good as the original was! I hope the Pharaoh
(with our help and support) keeps it going for a long, long time!

FootDevotee
05-15-2011, 05:44 PM
Thanks. I just signed up. I'll check it out later.

tiedfeetguy
05-15-2011, 06:00 PM
As far as I can tell, The Pharaoh has nothing to do with the new site. It's being moderated by FootGuy, who seems to have used the same platform as the old feet.tv.

There does seem to be no charge for now, but since it is the same platform, I do have the same worry that if the site gets too popular (in the tens of thousands range--right now it's just under 1,500), it may start experiencing similar problems.

flickfire
05-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Well, if the site does become very popular again, and the webmaster starts asking for
donations, I think some of us should reach into our pockets and give. Hot foot sites
like that should be kept aloat by the (male)foot loving community that benefits from their
existence-in my opinon.

I have noticed since I've been on the new site, when I click to change the gallery pages the page
takes almost a full minute to download, much like the old site did. Maybe it's the trafffic on the site
slowing it down.

Xanderick
05-17-2011, 12:16 PM
I joined and loved it! If anyone wants to add me, search the name 'Xanderick'

vegasguy
05-18-2011, 01:09 AM
It is not the original feet tv - it is just on the exact same server and platform as that other site was on! Geez. if it was the original, we'd have to be dealing with pharoah again, and we are not! The new owner is a gem!!

TheKing16
06-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Is the site down right now for anyone else?

footluv81
06-02-2011, 12:04 AM
I read on the site that he was either planning to sell the site or willing to partner with someone in maintaining the site.

Footlover4Ever_J
06-02-2011, 01:09 AM
I couldn't get on either. I hope nothing goes wrong with it. It was a great community. I'll be checking back tomorrow -- maybe it's a site maintenance.

tiedfeetguy
06-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Anyone up for history repeating itself? Hope not. It sounds like these circumstances may be a bit different. But I can't say I'm surprised. At least there's still MaleFeetLover. At first I was semi-annoyed there were two budding sites, but it's nice to have a back up when one goes down. :)

TheKing16
06-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Man, it better come back or I will be really mad. I was so happy to finally get another Feet.tv-type community back and now it's gone again :(

Does anyone know who the owner is?

Footlover4Ever_J
06-02-2011, 09:42 PM
Man, it better come back or I will be really mad. I was so happy to finally get another Feet.tv-type community back and now it's gone again :(

Does anyone know who the owner is?

I feel ya on that one. I mean, it's been on shut down for more than 12 hours, and without warning. Just waiting this out 'til weekend.

gjchaf1969
06-02-2011, 11:18 PM
I'm missing the Footguys site--I was starting to make some friends on there! Hope it's not gone for good.

tickl10019
06-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Not only is Footguys.net still down, but the related Footguys.net page on Facebook is also gone.

Footlover4Ever_J
06-03-2011, 08:52 AM
I hope it isn't what I think it is...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Footnote (no pun intended): I managed to get back on the site via Firefox -- I think.

tiedfeetguy
06-03-2011, 09:04 AM
I just checked this morning, and it all seems back up. No explanation offered, though. Still, it does bring back memories of the old feet.tv... sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for (how many of us wanted the old feet.tv back? Maybe we do, problems and all, lol).

TheWolf9
06-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Site is back up. They said it was a harddrive failure that caused several networks to close. But the foot site is back

ropedfeet
06-10-2011, 12:37 AM
I am very happy these sites are up for everyone to enjoy, they are slowing down to a crawl at times. I guess it is all the guy registered on them now though,lol. But good to have them up for sure.